Controversial Chip & Poker Opinions (13 Viewers)

More of a pain to keep count and ensure no lost chips post game. Easier to pass out rebuys by the barrel from racks.

For me anyways. I still own a couple of them and do really like em though.

Why aren’t briefcase type chip cases more popular than racks here, especially given the potential for damage?
Briefcases have annoying columns of 50.

Plus a versa birdcage w 10 Justin racks is easier to transport then a big ass case that fits 1000. But some people have real nice Apache set ups w Justin racks. I can’t argue w them. Those look nice too.

Apache 4800 with a dealer tray.

IMG_4913.jpeg
IMG_4916.jpeg

Also did a 5800 with starting tubes
IMG_6517.jpeg

Why aren’t briefcase type chip cases more popular than racks here, especially given the potential for damage?
The handles were always questionable at best, though my limit set is spread over 2 aluminum (1100 chips each, after modding it) cases. It's just not pretty on the shelf.

Or, in the case with CPC, orange $5s (can I include arc yellow here??) are for people who want a yellow $5, but realize that all the yellows on offer suck as a base colour.
I disagree.
IMG_0451.jpeg

My controversial opinion is that CPC dg yellow is the best yellow offered by ANY compression molded chip manufacturer ;)

Mike

The only downside I see to them is that it’s handy to have racks around when cashing out after a cash game. That, and the majority of them have cheap handles and hinges that could explode at any given moment, if you’re actually transporting them. Oh and the practical sizes tend to max out around 750ish.

And there are a lot of other reasons, most of which have been mentioned. Cheap chips come in briefcases. You can’t display your chips like you can in a birdcage. Modifying an Apache case with custom foam is a fun project and then you have a little treasure chest. People have convinced themselves that they need super protection since they spent so much on chips. Briefcases never hold a 2-deck setup box. Most briefcases are designed for cheaper chips which are thicker, so they hold like 10% more Paulsons per row, which tilts the heck out of people who are addicted to 20/barell, 100/rack.

I honestly think the biggest reason PCFers dont use briefcases is that they’re obsessed with their chips and they want something more special for them. And that’s fine; to each his own.

The handles were always questionable at best, though my limit set is spread over 2 aluminum (1100 chips each, after modding it) cases. It's just not pretty on the shelf.
This ^. I've had many suitcases fail, never had a Pelican with enclosed racks fail.

I guess it also comes down to how much you travel with your chips. My game is at a friend's house a block away. No way I am moving my chips in a suitcase or a birdcage (also have had the handle on those fail).

I'll admit I have a different reason for using Justin racks. My shitty, but otherwise lovable cat jumps up and knocks down chips that are stored in Paulson racks, but is scared of Justin racks for some reason. So that's a protective function, I suppose. Without Justin racks I might have had to send him off for adoption.

I’ll just introduce a wrench into the conversation that for me “protection” is more than just rack-on-rack damage. I like that they’re fully enclosed to protect random shit getting on a rack when I have them off the shelf on my desk. I like that they feel more stable to be and much easier to pick up and move around without dropping. They’re literally just easier to hold which to me is a protective feature.
a7a2ed6dc1509a8c0eed3a20a3c1c6ee.jpg

Here’s me, whacking the crap out of a whole rack. I was aiming for the edges, trying to make a flea bite, so I missed once. But I whacked and I whacked with the sharp acrylic edge and couldn’t damage the chips.
Oh god, this was hard to watch. Love those chips btw!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom