Empire Card Room from Apache Poker Ceramic? (2 Viewers)

tomahawkeer

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I ordered a sample set to see if I would like them. I've ordered Ceramic samples from BR before and wanted to see how they compared. I got the samples today, and to me, the Empire chips feel and sound like Paulson chips! They don't have the same sound or feeling that Card Wars, or Nevada Jack Skulls have. Am I crazy? Are they ceramic or clay? I also got a set of Taj Mahal and they also feel completely different from the ceramic samples that I already have.

So these chips are China Ceramics just lower quality than br ? Is that how to refer to them? I'm a noob so please ignore the ignorance on my part

Pretty much. They are considered to be lower quality than BR pro, but they are a fraction of the price. I don't think I've seen them called China Ceramics. Usually just "Tina Chips" or "Card Mold". Tina is the Americanized name of the sales rep of the company that manufactures them.

Pretty much. They are considered to be lower quality than BR pro, but they are a fraction of the price. I don't think I've seen them called China Ceramics. Usually just "Tina Chips" or "Card Mold". Tina is the Americanized name of the sales rep of the company that manufactures them.
I saw a post on reddit I think that is where I saw that reference. Regardless I think I like how they feel and sound better than the br poker ceramic samples I have.

I'm currently slowly building a Milano cash set but i think i like the Empire chips better for a cash set. I did recently oil my Milanos and it made them pop. I've got a decision to make now.

Milano's and the Majestics, and Royals from Apache are known as "China Clays". That may be what you are thinking of. They are injection molded plastic, but are meant to feel more like compression molded clay chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom