Is there any demand for TINA's ceramics in Europe? (2 Viewers)

Hi! I just bumped into this thread and wanted to follow up on it. I'm also based in the EU and am interested in ordering chips from Tina. Has any regular EU based GB been created in the meantime? If not, can I get in touch with someone here who is based in the EU and has bought Tina chips to ask a few questions?

Hi! I just bumped into this thread and wanted to follow up on it. I'm also based in the EU and am interested in ordering chips from Tina. Has any regular EU based GB been created in the meantime? If not, can I get in touch with someone here who is based in the EU and has bought Tina chips to ask a few questions?

I'm waiting for two Tina sets rn. I organised a german mini groupbuy

What I can say I would definitely be interested in EU GB. For what I know and seen, myself buying from Tina with shipping directly to Poland means outrageous customs fees. As far as I've seen, customs fees to Germany are a fraction of what it is to Poland. Not sure as what it is for other EU countries.

Ι 've enjoyed exemplary service by @justincarothers as an intermediate between me and "Tina", having joined a US group buy.
Justin was nice enough to have my portion of the order shipped seperately, directly to Greece (not easy).

It think the best method for European chippers on a budget is to form a group of clients and then contact Justin for a "destination Europe" buy.

Ι 've enjoyed exemplary service by @justincarothers as an intermediate between me and "Tina", having joined a US group buy.
Justin was nice enough to have my portion of the order shipped seperately, directly to Greece (not easy).

It think the best method for European chippers on a budget is to form a group of clients and then contact Justin for a "destination Europe" buy.
Sounds good to me, I may be interested if we can re-ship to UK too.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sounds good to me, I may be interested if we can re-ship to UK too.
I'm assuming the idea would be to have the chips sent to some destination within the EU and then reshipped to the UK, right? If so, my only worry would be, the UK no longer being in the EU might generate some extra costs for you (e.g., additional shipping, import, and VAT costs). But I can't tell whether that'd still be more convenient for you than buying directly from Tina or having the chips reshipped from somewhere in the US...

@pokersepp
Willst du nicht der "Justin" für die EU Groupbuys sein? Dann allerdings nicht bei deinem Händler, sondern bei Tina. Du hast sicherlich die meiste Expertise dafür.

Very likely interested in 800chips set (web mold hybrid or RHC hybrid 39mm) depending on the final price.
Probably impossible to have a personal shipping to everyone of us from China like happened to @Coyote.

Maybe Justin could give a quote through his supplier on 750 chips shipped to different countries in Europe? I'm guessing a typical purchase for a home game is anywhere from 500-1000 chips, so I guess 750 would give an estimate that's close to the truth.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm assuming the idea would be to have the chips sent to some destination within the EU and then reshipped to the UK, right? If so, my only worry would be, the UK no longer being in the EU might generate some extra costs for you (e.g., additional shipping, import, and VAT costs). But I can't tell whether that'd still be more convenient for you than buying directly from Tina or having the chips reshipped from somewhere in the US...
Agreed, I'm not sure yet either. May be I could figure out to ship to an EU country I could collect from.

Shipping to one country and then to yours, even within EU seems like a way to just increase costs, rather than direct shipping

Isn't this the usual pattern the US GBs are doing? I assumed it was cheaper than e.g. shipping to individual addresses or states, because the initial freight shipping was so much better

I dont know about us tax, customs and shipping costs in US but atleast from my perspective, shipping to eg Germany and then to Norway would probably add atleast 20% to the total cost, which might be mitigated with direct shipping. GB within one coyntry om the other hand, that could potentially save some money. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would be interesting to see an actual calculation on this though

China is a third party to either EU countries or non-EU European countries (like Norway, Switzerland and the like).
If a "destination Europe" buy were to be realised, not every recipient would get the same shipping cost, anyway.
Still cheaper than shipping first to the USA

Isn't this the usual pattern the US GBs are doing? I assumed it was cheaper than e.g. shipping to individual addresses or states, because the initial freight shipping was so much better
Yeah that's also what I thought.

Shipping to one country and then to yours, even within EU seems like a way to just increase costs, rather than direct shipping
I don't know, tbh. My assumptions were: (1) fright shipping is better and helps reduce the shipping costs, as @Dbxela pointed out; (2) having one group order shipped to one country within the EU and then reshipped from there to other countries within the EU would also help reduce the import tax and perhaps the VAT (not 100% sure about this, though). Things are different if the reshipping happens from a EU country to a non-EU European country (e.g., UK or Norway), as in that case additional import and VAT costs would have to be paid. That's why I thought it would not be as convenient/suboptimal. But for the non-EU European fellows, it might still be more convenient than having the chips shipped from the US, as @Coyote said--and a another advantage would be not having to take care of dealing/placing the order with Tina on their own.

Maybe Justin could give a quote through his supplier on 750 chips shipped to different countries in Europe? I'm guessing a typical purchase for a home game is anywhere from 500-1000 chips, so I guess 750 would give an estimate that's close to the truth.
Yeah, I think that we could reason more concretely and less abstractly if we had a rough idea of the costs.

With that being said, perhaps, we should ask @justincarothers whether he'd be available to do a 'destination Europe' buy for us, what would be feasible for him, and what's his opinion about what we've been discussing.

For 2425 Chips and 15 DB total the shipping cost from Tina to Germany was about 220€
The vats/taxes we had to pay was 270€

I think the only thing you could save a little bit money ist the initial shipping cost to one Person. But overall there will be no major difference if everyone just order for themselve.

I wouldnt underestimate the value that the group-buy organizers like Justin provide. I’m happy to pay extra to have them deal with getting the artwork together, the correspondence with Tina, the financing, etc.
I’d rather have someone who’s done it before for a smooth transaction than have to deal with the potential pitfalls of doing it myself for the first time.

Yeah that's also what I thought.

I don't know, tbh. My assumptions were: (1) fright shipping is better and helps reduce the shipping costs, as @Dbxela pointed out; (2) having one group order shipped to one country within the EU and then reshipped from there to other countries within the EU would also help reduce the import tax and perhaps the VAT (not 100% sure about this, though). Things are different if the reshipping happens from a EU country to a non-EU European country (e.g., UK or Norway), as in that case additional import and VAT costs would have to be paid. That's why I thought it would not be as convenient/suboptimal. But for the non-EU European fellows, it might still be more convenient than having the chips shipped from the US, as @Coyote said--and a another advantage would be not having to take care of dealing/placing the order with Tina on their own.

Yeah, I think that we could reason more concretely and less abstractly if we had a rough idea of the costs.

With that being said, perhaps, we should ask @justincarothers whether he'd be available to do a 'destination Europe' buy for us, what would be feasible for him, and what's his opinion about what we've been discussing.
You know, the more I think about it, the more I see that I have no idea regarding shipping, taxes and all that stuff.. And as you mention, being a non EU-member within Europe just adds to my confusion. So I'll just wait and see if we can possibly get a Destination Europe GB up and running.
And as @Colquhoun says, I'm all for using a seasoned person like Justin to handle this if he's willing.

@Nymor @SliderD @DerFabo, just contacted Justin. He asked approximately .40$(shipping to 1 address in the Netherlands included) for a chip. We are clarifying the exact price tho. You can check his previous group buys to know which chips are available right now. I wanted to create our own european GB thread, but, apparently, I can't. Maybe someone from you guys can give it a shot.
I know he usually does advertise air shipping for slightly more directly to you so you might be able to get the price break from the group buy and just have shipped right to you.

I wouldnt underestimate the value that the group-buy organizers like Justin provide. I’m happy to pay extra to have them deal with getting the artwork together, the correspondence with Tina, the financing, etc.
I’d rather have someone who’s done it before for a smooth transaction than have to deal with the potential pitfalls of doing it myself for the first time.
I totally agree, personally, I would prefer to rely on someone experienced who has already dealt with Tina multiple times rather than doing things on my own, unless there's really no alternative option.

I know he usually does advertise air shipping for slightly more directly to you so you might be able to get the price break from the group buy and just have shipped right to you.
Thanks! This helps!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom