Paulson: Full label replacement tutorial thread (6 Viewers)

If the murder process leaves divots in the clay, I recommend using the thickest textured laminates feasible. Thin glossy labels will show every imperfection.

If the murder process leaves divots in the clay, I recommend using the thickest textured laminates feasible. Thin glossy labels will show every imperfection.
Thats helpful, deal. These have been a fistfight, @Wifey you werent kidding. Too late to overlabel!
20240406_095914.jpg

Three words.
Labour.Of.Love

So glad to see so much progress!
Do you have a favourite podcast to listen to while slaving away?
Ha, yup, itll be a fun story. I tried the Ultrasonic for the first time after putting the pup down for a nap and she HATED it, so I'm gonna wait a while and try again once shes on a walk.

I just finished up Talking Sopranos, two of the lead actors watched and walked through each episode, otherwise just general poker strategy talk. Picking up a glider in the gulf stream tomorrow actually so Ive got some long podcasts downloaded and ready.

Something tells me the technique lacks refinement if there's always divots in the clay face. I would slow down a bit, remove the laminate first, then tackle the (vinyl) label second. Trying to take everything off at once risks damage to the chip if done too quickly or without due care.

Something tells me the technique lacks refinement if there's always divots in the clay face. I would slow down a bit, remove the laminate first, then tackle the (vinyl) label second. Trying to take everything off at once risks damage to the chip if done too quickly or without due care.

Didn’t say always. Just saying that if your chips have more than an occasionsl flaw, thinner material is going to show them all.

(And as far as everything coming off all at once, in my experience this is rare. Depends on the chip type; I only recall doing one barrel—of yellow RPC 48mms—where they all came up easily.)

my technique lacks all refinement, started with a hammer and chisel and have slowly improved my methods.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom