Tourney Poll: New Bounty Token with Rebuy (1 Viewer)

Should Bounty Tokens be tied to the player or the stack?

• Felted players must forfeit their bounty token and buy a new token with any rebuy.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Felted players keep their bounty token and only forfeit when they are out of the tournament.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Some other variation.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

jkoclanis67

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth on my bounty setup and whether they should be tied to the player or the stack.

Do you make your players forfeit their bounty token when they felt (and plan to rebuy), or do you allow them to keep their bounty token and only forfeit when they are officially out of the tournament?

I don't play many tourneys, but if you get eliminated. You should have to fess up the bounty token. If you rebuy, buy another one!

I solved this problem by doing a prebuy tournament.

I no longer do rebuys, typically, rebuys end up being about 50% of the player base. So I increased the buying of my tournament by 50% of what I charge for a rebuy. My buyin used to be $20, rebuy $10, made the new buyin $25 which gives me the same size pot as before with 50% of the field rebuying.

Now that is settled I added $5 for the bounty bringing the buyin of my tournament to $30.

Every player gets a “rebuy/reload” chip at the start. If a player gets felted they get a new stack in exchange for the chip. If you last for 2 hours you get a full reload stack in addition to your current stack.

The result has been quite amazing to me, I have way less loose play, all my players want the reload, I see much better actual poker playing than gambling going all in. Last game I only had one player get felted before the 2 hour mark, the rest were disciplined and got reloaded. I usually had had least half doing rebuys before I did this method.

Now when you exchange your reload chip for another stack, you also get your bounty chip which is now active since you have used the reload chip.

It works amazingly well, I’ll never go back to rebuy tournaments.

Lots of ways to skin this cat, and they all work just fine.

I've even ran re-buy tournaments with multiple bounty chips worth different amounts, with one tied to the stacks and the other tied to the player.

Do it however you like, to best meet the desired goals of your players or the event. There is no right or wrong way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom