Raises and re raises (2 Viewers)

PokerLegend

Two Pair
Reaction score
In poker. You can bet pre flop, flop, turn, and river. However, once a person bets in any of those rounds, there can only be 3 raises/re raises for any given round. Correct?

That's often a rule in limit poker, but usually doesn't apply on river.

No limit it is not a rule afaik.

Most fixed limit games are restricted to a bet and 3 raises. I think at some Vegas properties it's a bet and 4 raises.

In NL or PL games you can pretty much go back and forth until one player is all in.

That's often a rule in limit poker, but usually doesn't apply on river.
I've also seen it played where there's no restrictions if the street began with heads up play.

I've never seen it not applied on the river. But every game is different.

huh-confused.gif

In limit poker sure... not limit doesn't get interesting until there is a 5 bet! Lol

Most fixed limit games are restricted to a bet and 3 raises. I think at some Vegas properties it's a bet and 4 raises.

In NL or PL games you can pretty much go back and forth until one player is all in.
So the only difference in Limit and no limit is the number of Raises. But either one you can bet as much as you want?

So the only difference in Limit and no limit is the number of Raises. But either one you can bet as much as you want?
No.

In Fixed Limit, you are restricted to the stakes of the street. For example, in a $4-$8 limit game, pre flop and post flop you bet and raise in increments of $4; on the turn and river it's $8.

So if it's capped at a bet and 3 raises, the first guy would bet $4, then the next guy could raise to $8, then to $12 and capped at $16. Once the betting is capped, the only options that remain are 'call' or 'fold'.

In NL you can bet as much or as little as you want on any street and there are no restrictions on how many raises players can put in.

No.

In Fixed Limit, you are restricted to the stakes of the street. For example, in a $4-$8 limit game, pre flop and post flop you bet and raise in increments of $4; on the turn and river it's $8.

So if it's capped at a bet and 3 raises, the first guy would bet $4, then the next guy could raise to $8, then to $12 and capped at $16. Once the betting is capped, the only options that remain are 'call' or 'fold'.

In NL you can bet as much or as little as you want on any street and there are no restrictions on how many raises players can put in.
ohh right on i gotcha so would there be levels in a limit tournament as far as blinds going up? or it just never changes

Moxie nailed it, but I have seen where out west it’s 4 instead of 3 raises.

My game we play PLO and it is 3 max raises but that is more due to local historical reasons

ohh right on i gotcha so would there be levels in a limit tournament as far as blinds going up? or it just never changes
Blinds go up on a limit tournament the same schedule as a NL tournament.
Note that the small blind is one half the preflop and flop bets. So a small blind would be 100 in a tournament where the current blind is at 200/400.
I used to play limit sit-n-go tourneys at pokerroom.com years ago. It was lots of fun. They start of slowly with lots of loose play, but tighten up as the blinds increase.

I guess it's 'house rules' in the number of raises that can be made per street in Limit games, but I think the most common is max 3 raises after a bet. Does anybody regularly play differently in their Limit games?

The beauty of no limit is you can save yourself the time it takes to raise and re-raise by pushing all of your chips in at once. Also known as the Martino method.

Named after this guy:

1714676673494.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom