In Progress (ordering closed) SIlver Nugget cash - CPC sample set presale - CLOSING 5/12/24 (4 Viewers)

extreme517

Pair
Reaction score
THIS THREAD WAS STARTED TO SEE IF THERE WAS INTEREST AND NOW PROCEEDING TO ACCEPTING AND FUNDING PRE-ORDERS. READ THROUGH THIS OP...INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END>>>

I'm not expecting a lot of interest and not looking to have a bunch of samples floating around, but want to at least extend the offer as I have appreciated picking up samples here and there.

One of my favorite movies is Tombstone. There is a building still standing today that was built back in 1881 and it is currently a bed & breakfast named the Silver Nugget. This set is a tip of the hat to Doc Holliday. Background graphic on the 25c / $1 / $5 / $100 is a daisy: "You're a daisy if you do." Background graphic on the $20 for when you mean business in a 25c/50c game are huckleberries: "I'm your huckleberry."

1714708269078.png

I don't currently have a Cali colored set, so that made me steer this way. No color for any base/spot is duplicated within the set. HHR mold as I know that mold is super solid and the inlays should have a nice texture. These are going to look way better in person than what the design tool shows based on CPC color samples I have in hand. I am going with shaped inlays on the $5 / $20 / $100 because you only live once.

HHR orders with CPC close this month, so I am looking to have a fairly short window here before my order is finalized. If there is enough interest and responses here I will turn this into a presale thread with a spreadsheet. For simplicity I may limit this to US addresses within the lower 48 states; in your response below please mention where you are located (state / country) and I can gauge things from there. Also, mention if you would be interested in plastic airtites for the chips as I might just price in/include those if people would be so inclined. I would then for sure be shipping in small flat rate boxes...5-chip set: 25c / $1 / $5 / $20 / $100

I would say the only real change to this set would be if interest goes wild or someone else wants to join with me in getting a playable set I could consider doing a hotstamp for the red frac. At that point, it probably makes sense to add a 50c frac...I left myself weighted base colors of lavender, pink, orange, and all greens that could be used for a 50c frac (and potential other denom add-ons to this set).

1714866323749.png

Unoiled, bad lighting color samples, but you can see the progression/flow from chip to chip:
1714705956368.png

1714706953820.png
1714876695581.png
1714876740603.png
1714706993676.png

1714876786187.png

Okay, proceeding with pre-orders:
1) Each 5-chip sample set is $25
2) Shipping is not included at this time
3) I will accept orders/payments through the end of day next Sunday, May 12th and intend to finalize my order with CPC that following Monday
4) Payment to be made via Paypal friends & family...please don't mention anything in comments other than your username
5) I will keep track/update everything in spreadsheet form in this post
6) I will reach out to collect shipping cost and shipping address info. once the chips are in hand
7) Just to be clear, I am looking for any pre-orders to be funded by the end of Sunday, May 12th as I will then be locking in my order with CPC.
8) I will contact/follow up with each person via PM

Last edited:
Neat idea! I like the story.

You sure you want a mandarin solid chip? I see you have a sample set, but I just think it's a weird color. Ok maybe for a small spot, but just not a great color for a base. I just mention it, because when I designed my first set in the CPC tool, I thought I wanted mandarin for my $5, but a lot of people convinced me to rethink it. I switched to retro red.

And since YOLO, why nor at least put a simple spot on the quarter, like a 314 for a pretty minor cost increase?

Neat idea! I like the story.

You sure you want a mandarin solid chip? I see you have a sample set, but I just think it's a weird color. Ok maybe for a small spot, but just not a great color for a base. I just mention it, because when I designed my first set in the CPC tool, I thought I wanted mandarin for my $5, but a lot of people convinced me to rethink it. I switched to retro red.

And since YOLO, why nor at least put a simple spot on the quarter, like a 314 for a pretty minor cost increase?
TX, my thoughts (and definitely open to feedback):

1) I have arc yellow solids in a set and I love them, but they're noticeably lighter weight than the other chips. This isn't a dealbreaker, but I was thinking to go with all weighted base colors (other than bright white for the $100, but let's be honest...those may NEVER be in play and if so they're not getting handled much anyhow).

2) I think I like the Mandarin red against the light blue $1? But, I could totally be happy with a lot of colors as the frac.

3) I frankly really like solids and would be more tempted to do a solid $1 than to add a spot to the quarter...LOL!

4) I agree I don't want too dark of a chip. I have red CPC chips and know I definitely prefer the Mandarin red as it's more of a true red. I'll pull out the retro red against all of this too and probably need to oil up my samples. The weight doesn't have to be the final factor on which red I go with and I appreciate your input!

Last edited:
If it's just the weight, I suppose others may weigh differently, but my sample mandarin is 9.0g and my retro red is 8.9g. So literally no difference. But if you like the color, then certainly you should go with it.

If it's just the weight, I suppose others may weigh differently, but my sample mandarin is 9.0g and my retro red is 8.9g. So literally no difference. But if you like the color, then certainly you should go with it.
Oh wow...in that case I will truly consider. I thought the retro colors were more like the dayglos. Been a while since the old Chiptalk days when those were first introduced/discussed.

My DG Orange is the lightest at 8.1g and DG Tiger is 8.3g
Most of my other DGs are 8.6g
Retros are about 8.7 to 8.9.
Standard colors are a wide range from 8.8 to my heaviest - your $1 Light Blue at 9.9.
Your $5 Canary is 9.3
Your $20 Burple is 9.3
Your $100 Br White is also 9.3

One thing I learned from searching through some larger lots for the heaviest chips (these were leaded Paulsons) was that even in a batch of the same chips, there can be a pretty big variance. This particular group of about 200 chips I went through ranged from 9.5g to 10.8g. All the same chip, same color base and spots, same near mint condition. Over a gram difference between the lightest and the heaviest. I don't have a full set of CPCs yet, but I bet if you ask someone who does, you would find a variance in their chips too. Probably not a gram, but I would bet .3 or .4g wouldn't be surprising. I made my decision that I was going to design my set based on the colors I wanted, and pay no attention to any perceived weight difference due to color.

Good Luck!

My DG Orange is the lightest at 8.1g and DG Tiger is 8.3g
Most of my other DGs are 8.6g
Retros are about 8.7 to 8.9.
Standard colors are a wide range from 8.8 to my heaviest - your $1 Light Blue at 9.9.
Your $5 Canary is 9.3
Your $20 Burple is 9.3
Your $100 Br White is also 9.3

One thing I learned from searching through some larger lots for the heaviest chips (these were leaded Paulsons) was that even in a batch of the same chips, there can be a pretty big variance. This particular group of about 200 chips I went through ranged from 9.5g to 10.8g. All the same chip, same color base and spots, same near mint condition. Over a gram difference between the lightest and the heaviest. I don't have a full set of CPCs yet, but I bet if you ask someone who does, you would find a variance in their chips too. Probably not a gram, but I would bet .3 or .4g wouldn't be surprising. I made my decision that I was going to design my set based on the colors I wanted, and pay no attention to any perceived weight difference due to color.

Good Luck!
TX, that all makes sense. My other consideration is wanting to avoid split spots. I am using bright white as a base, but all dayglo spot colors on that chip and David said my combos should be good to go.

Nice set…..My set has retro red for the frac. The rest of the colors are basically yours, but used a peacock blue for the $1

View attachment 1323356

I also have a set with mandarin red for the $5. I have no issue with those either.

View attachment 1323361
Those sets both look great! Thanks for posting with the reds. I think I like the Mandarin red better, but I agree that the retro red looks really nice with your peacock blue dollar and is the right choice.

OP updated with who has paid so far.

Indicated interest, please see PM and pay by Sunday night if you want to jump in @57chevy, @BarrieJ3, @JMC9389, @Ben8257, @suited67, @mugenpowr

Anyone else is welcome to jump in on this through Sunday evening...wanting to have funded by then so I can lock things in with CPC. Please see OP above and then post here and/or PM me to partake.

Ill take one, thank you for making this available.

R
Thanks...PM sent!

Anyone else wanting to jump in, you have until the end of the day to fund a sample set pre-order. Post here and/or PM and I'll send details/instructions.

Okay, the order's going in. Thanks to @TX_Golf_N_Poker for the retro red frac suggestion...I'm making that change to retro red away from Mandarin Red for the quarter.

I have an HHL Horseshoe quarter that I really like and while it is closest to CPC's current red, it is just ever so slightly pinker and the retro red picks up on this vibe. (Mandarin Red leans ever so slightly orange as you can see in the pics.)

IMG_20240512_231805458.jpg

IMG_20240512_231839487.jpg

IMG_20240512_231908165~2.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom