Tourney Single Table Tourneys (1 Viewer)

Labrat

Two Pair
Reaction score
Question for all you STT guys out there. We had started with single table tourneys years ago and it drove me nuts watching those who got knocked out early pretty much have nothing to do other than throw darts or watch TV (or just become drunk railbirds) until 5 people got knocked out (to start a cash game), which could end up kind of late into the night. For that reason we switched to cash games and never looked back.

I'm kind of missing the occasional tournament format, so I guess the question is (other than re-buys, which just delays the issue) what are the alternatives for guests other than heading home for the evening if you bust out early?

It feels weird, but cash before tournament can alleviate some of this issue. Then when people bust out they can just take off because there's no game left.

^This is a great option for existing games to add either a cash game or tournament to the list of activities -- run the cash game first, followed by the tournament.

No 'required' start time is needed for the cash game (players can arrive whenever they wish), and once players are finished playing at the end of the day/night, they simply go home.

Players who only wish to play cash can leave when the tournament starts, and those who only wish to play tournaments can skip the cash game entirely.

Splitting up the starting stack (by using a pre-paid reload option) for the tournament can help keep people playing longer, without increasing the total tournament length or increasing the player cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom