CCM Sweet Sixteen: Tropicana (1st ed.) v. Lakeshore Inn (1 Viewer)

Tropicana or Lakeshore Inn?

• Tropicana

Votes: 61 58.7%
  • Lakeshore Inn

Votes: 43 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Poll open for 7 days...

trop-1st-trks-jpg.31270

7560-jpg.7575

versus

full

IMG_2035.jpg

Lakeshores for me. TRK's are cool but they just don't do it for me like a beautiful set of Paulson's.

Lakeshores ALL the WAY for me, don't get me wrong, the Trop's are a super nice set but I'm a Paulson type of guy and the colors and the feel and the OH billy.....I mean...:rolleyes:

Lakeshore, I'd go with lakeshore....:whistle: :whistling:

I've never understood what the Trop 1sts have going for them, besides a ton of history. Which history is definitely cool and all, but this isn't a "most historical set" contest. And even among historical TRKs, there are at least 10 sets that I like better...

I've never understood what the Trop 1sts have going for them, besides a ton of history. Which history is definitely cool and all, but this isn't a "most historical set" contest. And even among historical TRKs, there are at least 10 sets that I like better...

I just sent you a Facebook friend request.

... so I could unfriend you! ;)

I kind of came to that same conclusion the more I looked at them, but I was too lazy to go back and change my original nominations. That frac is one of the best chips of all time, but honestly, the rest of the set doesn't really bowl me over.

Love the color combo on the Lake shore $1 but the other chips are so so for me. Voted for the trops

The frac put me over the top. The golf ball lost some points with me as well.

I keep making my final decision on "If I could pick either set to put on my shelf, which would it be?"

I keep making my final decision on "If I could pick either set to put on my shelf, which would it be?"

My exact thought process in this whole thing. There are at least 4 sets in the sweet sixteen that I would significantly overpay for.

The frac put me over the top. The golf ball lost some points with me as well.

That's how i voted in all the polls. Which one would i want

The $1 and $5 on the Lakeshore rock but the $20 is meh. Quarter pie trks. mmm pie.

Not one bad color combo in the Trops, and if I were to do a CPC cash set, the frac and $1 are worth stealing (or at least running through the CDT). I cannot say the same for the Lakeshore. Sharp colors on the Lakeshore, but nothing that says "I want" to me.

I had to give this some thought before voting. I've been staring at chips for almost 10 minutes. There's no $100 for the Lakeshores, and the Trops frac and $1 are stronger than any of the Lakeshore chips. However, I like the Cali colors better than the Trops and the X chip is definitely an X factor. In the end, The Lakeshores ended up a chip short in my evaluation, and their edge spots are just a bit too large for my tastes. I give it to the Trops, but they don't really "wow" me that much.

So so hard to choose this one. As an overall lineup, the Trops gets my vote. But by a hair. Three plain chips on the Lakeshores and lack of a $100 hold the set back for me. But the $1, $5 are simply stunning

The Lakeshore chips remind me of one of the Paulson home chip sets that I can't quite put a finger on. Weakest member of the 16 IMO.

The Lakeshore chips remind me of one of the Paulson home chip sets that I can't quite put a finger on. Weakest member of the 16 IMO.

Typical east coast bias. :rolleyes:

But seriously, the Trops are in my top two (Mapes, obvs). Such a beautiful set.

Last edited:
The Lakeshores are one of the sets that grew on me the most the quickest. I adore them now.

One of the toughest decisions in the tournament -- both sets have a lot of positives, very few negatives. I'd be surprised if the TRKs didn't win out in this crowd, but the Lakeshore chips are also in the top half of the field imo.

really difficult, wish the Lakeshore had a hundred ?? Trop TRK is too cool

Lakeshore for me - I eliminated the TRK v Paulson in my decision. Both shaped inlays. Lakeshore inlay is superior. Lakeshore spots/colors are better. I like the hot stamp fracs with an inlay set.

Even though the Lakeshore's have common edgespots and no hundo... they still barely win out in my book... maybe its the colors... maybe its that amazing roman numeral dime... not sure.

While I really like the Lakeshore's this one is not much of contest for me. Trop's quarter pie's, classic vegas...

Tough spot for the Lakeshore's

Tropicana +

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom