Feedback on my first ever poker set deisgn. (2 Viewers)

oliverpkr

Waiting List
Reaction score
I decided to buy a custom ceramic set and im looking for feedback on my design. I have never designed poker chips so I'm very open to suggestions on what to do different.

POKE-Pokerv1.0.jpg

Cool ideas, and the colors are bright.

Poke-poker, why not poke-r!? Love the art but I'd increase the denom size. And make sure the 100/500/1000 chips are far enough away in color so they're easily distinguished from afar or in stacks, lots of similar shades and depending on the light, it could be challenging.

Cool ideas, and the colors are bright.

Poke-poker, why not poke-r!? Love the art but I'd increase the denom size. And make sure the 100/500/1000 chips are far enough away in color so they're easily distinguished from afar or in stacks, lots of similar shades and depending on the light, it could be challenging.

Poke-r is way better actually. I have no idea how the colors change when they get made. Do you think changing the color of the 500 chip is neccecary?

Bigger denominations, good looking designs. Potential copy right issues cause Nintendo.
I'll try with bigger denominations. Copyright isn't an issue if its only for my own home game (unless noone wants to make the poke-chips.)

This is a great start. I’d try bigger numbers and maybe remove the outer white ring. If these get printed on ceramics and are slightly misaligned, the outer line can make the graphic look not centered. Also what did yo lu have in mind for the edges?

I decided to buy a custom ceramic set and im looking for feedback on my design. I have never designed poker chips so I'm very open to suggestions on what to do different.

View attachment 1310404

They say impersonation is the highest form of flattery, I feel like this is a very similar to rjdev's designs.

Its considered poor form to copy other's designs without permission, I hope I'm wrong or you reached out to him to get his thoughts before you created your designs.

I see you're new, Welcome! Not trying to be rude wanted to point it out.

1712974074896.png

photo by @Servo

This is a great start. I’d try bigger numbers and maybe remove the outer white ring. If these get printed on ceramics and are slightly misaligned, the outer line can make the graphic look not centered. Also what did yo lu have in mind for the edges?

Bigger numbers is noted. I havent done anyhting for the edges yet, not sure if im going to. The rest of my poker room didnt really like the "chilidish" designs. Working on other designs ATM.

I’d use this as the 1k. In poor lighting, I foresee dirty stack issues with the current 500 and 1k chip colours.

Thank you.

I love the vibrant colors! I would recommend increasing the size of the numbers.

Will do.

Looks cute! But your $100 is a bit on the dark side, could use a little more contrast.

Tweaked the color a bit:
preview1000.jpg

Design any other chips? Would love to see a 1 and a 5 as well.

Dont use 1 and 5 chips for my game... + because the people i play with didn't like the deisgns; I'm propably not going to make these into actual chips.
But i just had to create the design :p
preview1-5.jpg

Yellow is a common 1k tourney ch8p, and a workhourse. I’d use the yellow pika 1000x before I’d use the pink 1k.

This turned out to be much better.
previewPika1000.jpg

They say impersonation is the highest form of flattery, I feel like this is a very similar to rjdev's designs.

Its considered poor form to copy other's designs without permission, I hope I'm wrong or you reached out to him to get his thoughts before you created your designs.

I see you're new, Welcome! Not trying to be rude wanted to point it out.

View attachment 1310644
photo by @Servo

Really cool design! (and really similar). The shells in the background are much better than the pokeballs i did. Gives me ideas to use the icons for the types of pokemon it is (fire, lightning, fighting, etc.).

To answer your question; no, i haven't talked to the creator of that chip design, because i havent seen it before. I couldn't find all of the photos i used for inspiration, but these are the ones i found:

Screenshot 2024-04-13 113641.png

THE FEEDBACK HAS BEEN REALLY HELPFUL SO FAR, THANK YOU!

If or when you get these made I'd love a sample set for my nephew.
They all Look Amazing!

I'll second that. I'd love to get samples of these if you ever have them manufactured.
Can I suggest Jigglypuff or Chancey for the $1 chip? I think the pink on white would be a lovely aesthetic decision.
In a similar vein, I'll suggest a fire pokemon for $5. You're already using mega charizard for $100, so perhaps Arcanine, Rapidash or Moltres?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom