Hello from Tennessee! (2 Viewers)

oss1x

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around PCF on and off for a while, but finally made an account. Reason for that is mostly that me and a friend were looking into procuring a custom(ish) chip set for home games. Looking around 1000-2000chips total in cash denoms from $1 to $1000. (39mm, $500+ in 43mm)

We explored several potential avenues:

- Mixing Royal and Majestic CC's from Apache and relabeling with custom inlay stickers (by Gear, I guess). After custom label printing and a lot of effort replacing them, that's not even that economical of a solution though

- buying printed ceramics with custom full color designs and laser etching the denoms into each chip.

- Tina hybrids...

I just made first tests with etching large designs into printed blank ceramics (using random samples from somewhere and an Apache Empire sample set) and while it works and leaves a nice tactile imprint, overall it looks mediocre and takes a while (at least a minute per chip). The laser engraver will work super well to put serial numbers on large denoms though. I'll make a separate thread about my engraving tests soon.

I think at this point we're kind of set on Tina hybrids. Maybe someone can answer this ad-hoc: are the monthly group buys the best way to get a 2000chip order through, or is that big enough to interact with them directly?

In any case, I have already learned a ton from just meandering through the infinite resources in this forum! Thanks a lot for all the effort and great spirit, I hope to be able to contribute and give back soon enough!

So long, and best regards from Tennessee!

That's exactly my region. I'm a transplant though.

Big question is why those denoms, and why that total amount?

Hello and welcome!

Why do you need so many chips? Why do you need such high bank?

We'll run anything from 1/1 PLO to 25/50+ NLH. (Not running the bigger stuff ourselves, just providing room and facilities).

The 5k flags will be likely entirely unnecessary and never see play, but a different place recently ran a short notice game in which they had to use the house 500s as 5ks to make things work... Not that much extra cost when going with Tina's.

2000 total are overkill indeed, but going much below 1500 seems tough:

200x 1
500x 5
500x 25
500x 100
100x 500
100x 1000
(100x 5000)

That's exactly my region. I'm a transplant though.

We'll run anything from 1/1 PLO to 25/50+ NLH. (Not running the bigger stuff ourselves, just providing room and facilities).

The 5k flags will be likely entirely unnecessary and never see play, but a different place recently ran a short notice game in which they had to use the house 500s as 5ks to make things work... Not that much extra cost when going with Tina's.

2000 total are overkill indeed, but going much below 1500 seems tough:

200x 1
500x 5
500x 25
500x 100
100x 500
100x 1000
(100x 5000)

Ok, so not counting the 5k or the lowest denoms, that gives you a bank of over $200k.

If you expect on any given night to get even 20% of your bank on the table, that's still north of $40k. Anybody who's running a game that big would be crazy not to get 100% custom chips with security features.

Using any ceramic manufacturer anywhere should be at best a temporary solution. I would go custom CPC here at the drop of a hat.

Ok, so not counting the 5k or the lowest denoms, that gives you a bank of over $200k.

If you expect on any given night to get even 20% of your bank on the table, that's still north of $40k. Anybody who's running a game that big would be crazy not to get 100% custom chips with security features.

Using any ceramic manufacturer anywhere should be at best a temporary solution. I would go custom CPC here at the drop of a hat.
Much appreciated!

I don't expect to get to host the big games right away. (The games I am currently running at other places are 5/10 2-3k avg stack). If things are going well, a CPC set might well be something for the future. I will laser engrave serial numbers and some monograms into the big denoms in any case.

I don't expect to get to host the big games right away. (The games I am currently running at other places are 5/10 2-3k avg stack). If things are going well, a CPC set might well be something for the future. I will laser engrave serial numbers and some monograms into the big denoms in any case.

That's still $20,000+ dollars on the table, right?
I would go with UV printing with logo, denom, or text as a more elegant solution. UV flashlights and readers are cheap and available.

Much appreciated!

You need chip security, for sure…you should probably also consider armed security.

You need chip security, for sure…you should probably also consider armed security.
I appreciate the concerns.

That's still $20,000+ dollars on the table, right?
I would go with UV printing with logo, denom, or text as a more elegant solution. UV flashlights and readers are cheap and available.
That is also an option. Any idea how people apply UV ink in patterns like that? screen print?

That is also an option. Any idea how people apply UV ink in patterns like that? screen print?

Some manufacturers have the ability to print UV sensitive ink directly onto the inlay. Resolution might be limited.

I had the option of doing this on my plaques from MSK, but I opted for serial numbers instead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom