Majestic Plaque Set (1 Viewer)

dickzapper

Straight
Reaction score
While currently these may not be a hard-to-find items, there definitely are not enough pictures of them on the internet. Have a look, if you wish!

In with the Milano cash set:

And the logic behind the plaque values:

Waiting to bust out a line like, "Did u just see the hygenist? Cuz someone just removed ur plaque!!!"

I'm usually not obnoxious but it seems like a good pun.

These looks awesome. How do they feel, texture etc?

I just ordered a cash set of Majestics from Apache and decided to add a sample of 1 plaque of each denomination just to check out. Cant wait to get them.

. How do they feel, texture etc?
Hmm, kind of hard to answer for me since they're my first plaques and I have no frame of reference.

Smooth acrylic so I guess there is no texture per se. I love the identations on the faces so perhaps they have a bit of texture, thats an aspect I think I like better than the flat Matsui plaques although I'm yet to hold one of those.

I guess they feel... like money? They feel like what I imagine Mark Cuban uses for a credit card. Oh I got it, my dad collected coins for awhile and every year he'd get one of those mint sets (forget the term for them) direct from one of the mints. It would be like a plastic case with a mint condy penny nickel dime quarter kennedy 50 and eisenhower dollar in a plastic case. They feel just like that!

The edges feel really good. Smooth and fast like throwing a strike down a greased up bowling alley.

Lol I dunno, I've never had to describe plastic before!

Hmm, kind of hard to answer for me since they're my first plaques and I have no frame of reference.

Smooth acrylic so I guess there is no texture per se. I love the identations on the faces so perhaps they have a bit of texture, thats an aspect I think I like better than the flat Matsui plaques although I'm yet to hold one of those.

I guess they feel... like money? They feel like what I imagine Mark Cuban uses for a credit card. Oh I got it, my dad collected coins for awhile and every year he'd get one of those mint sets (forget the term for them) direct from one of the mints. It would be like a plastic case with a mint condy penny nickel dime quarter kennedy 50 and eisenhower dollar in a plastic case. They feel just like that!

The edges feel really good. Smooth and fast like throwing a strike down a greased up bowling alley.

Lol I dunno, I've never had to describe plastic before!
Lol, yeah these will be my first plaques too. Good description though.

Do you have any brown 25c Milanos stacked? Any pics? Do you like the chips?

Do you have any brown 25c Milanos stacked? Any pics? Do you like the chips?
No, my set was all tournament denoms, $25 and up. I love the set, but I was forced to demote it to a tournament set once I got some nicer chips - I mostly host cash games - but I still have got them out twice since then.

They kind of make the ideal entry level tournament set since the high denoms are readily available and don't need any relabling IMO. I like the sound and colors of CPS slightly more but think that set begs for relabeling (sorry WSOP, directors). I haven't handled Majestics. But I believe Milanos are the best value you can find in CC.

My only dislike is that they seem a little small. They're not, but they seem that way. I think it's the angled edges and the fact the mold is not deeply impressed into the face. It gives you the impression they're smaller than other chips. But overall they're a great set and I'm glad to have them around!

No, my set was all tournament denoms, $25 and up. I love the set, but I was forced to demote it to a tournament set once I got some nicer chips - I mostly host cash games - but I still have got them out twice since then.

They kind of make the ideal entry level tournament set since the high denoms are readily available and don't need any relabling IMO. I like the sound and colors of CPS slightly more but think that set begs for relabeling (sorry WSOP, directors). I haven't handled Majestics. But I believe Milanos are the best value you can find in CC.

My only dislike is that they seem a little small. They're not, but they seem that way. I think it's the angled edges and the fact the mold is not deeply impressed into the face. It gives you the impression they're smaller than other chips. But overall they're a great set and I'm glad to have them around!

Good info TY. What chips did you upgrade to?

The colors of the higher denoms look really bad vs the majestics, at least in photos. Good to know you liked them.

So you like the Milanos over the Majestics? The Majestics cost like 46% more after shipping and buying cases etc. I calculated it all out. Its a hefty premium. I really like the lower denom Milanos, but the higher ones seem a bit bland.

+1 on them offering good value.

I currently am using ASM solids for my fracs and dollars and Pharaohs purple and orange for 5 and 10 respectively. Been making tweaks every week, this week plaques and black 20 chips are out for all orange 10s. It was nice to color up some pots to high denom plaques but they took too many chips off the table.

I can't complain about the colors of the high denom Milano's. The creme 1000 was a table favorite and was labeled the "créme" but I wasn't using the white dollars so they had a lot of contrast. And the pastel pink 5000 is very tournamenty for a high denom, easily the most visible chip in the set. I have not seen the orange 25k. Personally the 1k chip is my favorite, the creme and royal blue is like a sharp shirt and tie combo. Although for a 5k I like the vibrancy of the CPS orange a little better than the Milano pink.

Wow great to know, thanks. Making me want to go full tilt on a Milano set. If only they would get their chips in stock......

Wow great to know, thanks. Making me want to go full tilt on a Milano set. If only they would get their chips in stock......
There are eBay sellers who offer customizable sets in nearly every multiple of 100 which are on par with the cheapest Milano dealers. Although I have heard about the scarcity of the quarter. Have you given them a look? They mostly may be in the US, however. I got the base of my set from pokerchipmania which had all the denoms at the time but again, US based.

Cheapest seems to be to buy from Brybelly direct but TY.

Oh, man, one of my regulars when I was hosting in Manhattan was also my dentist...
Hmm, I'd like to play poker with a dentist... But I wouldn't want to play against my dentist... And I also probably wouldn't want to go to dentist who was too good of a poker player... Bluff you into dental surgery...

Found a great pic of the cash denoms in another thread.

uBMVvHA.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom