Official Bud Jones Pron Thread (1 Viewer)

There are several versions of Bud Jones, but I think I prefer them all. A lot of people don’t like V7 Bud Jones because of their suction, but I think they’re great.

how do the bud jones compare to matsui chips ?

Better.

They have a silky/soft feel where as matsui feel more "plastic-ee." Due to the precision of Bud Jones chips, they sometimes have a suction effect to one another that some people dislike. It is completely missing from the slotted chips and much less apparent on the matte finish chips.

Better.

They have a silky/soft feel where as matsui feel more "plastic-ee." Due to the precision of Bud Jones chips, they sometimes have a suction effect to one another that some people dislike. It is completely missing from the slotted chips and much less apparent on the matte finish chips.

My theory on the suction effect is more about the deformability of the chip in relation to the recess depth. I think you can create a small vacuum effect when you press down with slight force on two chips that are more or less well centered on each other. If the body of the chip is more rigid, it won't allow the vacuum to be created.

There are electrostatic effects, too, but I don't know if metallic centers within plastics always do this or not.

My theory on the suction effect is more about the deformability of the chip in relation to the recess depth. I think you can create a small vacuum effect when you press down with slight force on two chips that are more or less well centered on each other. If the body of the chip is more rigid, it won't allow the vacuum to be created.

There are electrostatic effects, too, but I don't know if metallic centers within plastics always do this or not.

Interesting! This should be testable.

9780E465-2159-4560-BF83-3FAAF50B388B.jpeg
C97ADAC6-61FD-46A5-871A-59F8C1A96980.jpeg
1142D69E-FA87-4B3C-AEAC-E81362CA18B9.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom