Official Poker Chip Glossary Suggestion Thread (1 Viewer)

"Murdered"
As in, "These chips have been murdered already"
See it often. Took me a while to figure out what it means.

Another acronym I’ve had to look up as a newbie, couldn’t find the answer so guessing:
IHC - Inverted(?) Hat and Cane

"Harvesting"

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/glossary/terms/harvesting.184

We actually have 3 threads for glossaries, this one fit best in the Forum thread as it doesn't pertain so much to poker chips as 'our lingo' on the forum for acquisition ;)

Welcome!
Never the less, thank you for your submission! You might find the New members thread helpful, it would have pointed you to the glossary; you can find the link below in my signature.

Reactions: b_2
Thank you, I was looking for it in "Chips". Yes, the Glossary is excellent for getting up to speed quickly on the lingo thrown around here :).

@BGinGA Where can Ifind the official Name for bear claw or do you just know it off the top? Also what about V8 while you're at it? @Jeff?
The official Paulson name is Style 27, but the pattern is commonly referred to as P27, 4TSA18, or 'bear claw'.

The 8V pattern is Paulson Style 20, also known as P20 or 8V.

This please!
I’m a little new - what the hell is a Tina?
Tina is the American-ized name that a wonderful woman in China goes by. She produces high-quality ceramic-style custom poker chips for folks at very reasonable prices. So when you hear the term 'Tina', it's being used to refer to her chips, often called "Tinas'.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom