Cash Game Setup for Cash Game with a Twist (1 Viewer)

bbury10

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Like previous posts I’m looking for recommendations on my cash game setup. I’ve read @Machine post for new members and optimal chip breakdown which has been helpful. Read through a recent thread that may have convinced me to go outright .50 instead of .25s (would it kill me to have both in the same game?). Have learned too many francs is a problem.

My situation is the following: I am looking for a set to cover .50/.50 - $1/2. Currently, don’t foresee there being more than $2-$3k in a given night. The twist is i really like the Mario set and would like to include almost all of the chips due to the @rjdev work.

I’m currently somewhere between 700-1000 chip set depending on the hour or iteration of excel I’m in. Not as worried about the cost but 1000 seems like a lot when looking at cases and other sets. The twist is i want to get all of the different character chips and have workhorses for multiple games, may be needed? You’ll see below a lot of francs and even the 2.50 (the peach is too sweet of a chip) - my thinking and OCD keep me leaning towards full racks but I guess nothing wrong with less.

One of other question I’m assuming is dumb but haven’t seen answered… probably not a good idea to have the same denomination on two separate colored chips (i.e having a blue and orange chip for .25)?

tldr: critique my stack, looking for 700-1000 set that includes all denominations, .50/.5-1/2

Here is what my current breakdown-ish:

50-100 —> $0.25
50-100 —> $0.50
100-200 -> $1
25-100 —> $2.50
300-400 -> $5
100 ——-> $20
0-100 —-> $25 (if i opt for .50 I’ll probably capture Yoshi there, no one needs a Luigi)
25-100 —> $100
0-25 ——> $500 (if i opt out of the $2.50 Peach)

Bad to have the same color be different denoms, yes. Yeah having every type of chip is very innefficient but if you really want it, sure, do it. If you're running a $1/2 game 2-3k bank isn't enough for all games but might be enough for yours; 10 players buy in for $200, you're capped or close. If they want to buy in deep for 200 BB, $400, you cant do it.

Overall its your money but you're asking us for a reason: having all of these is expensive and many of us wouldnt break it down this way, and thats okay. Having both .25 and .50 is pointless.

100 50c
200 $1
400 $5
80 25
20 100s

This is much more bank than you think you need, but gets you lots of denominations. Add in another rack of 20 of whatever random artworks you want lol.

Last edited:
Having a massive set that covers multiple game stakes is not uncommon, most of us probably have at least 1 set that does that.

The other thing you could do is buy a cash set of frac-$20 chips and a tournament set of $25-$1000. That way you get all the art and a more useful breakdown of each set and chips that will actually see play regularly.

If you never play below 0.50, then don't get 0.25. No way you'll need 2.50, or 20 if you have 25 (and vice versa).

You will only need about 60x 0.50 chips max to cover blinds.

If you want all the characters, split each denom into two versions.

Thanks for the feedback. That is roughly where i landed when trying to optimize it. The question then is do i bump it from 800 to 1000 just to add the .25, 2.50s and some extra 25/100s

@Rhodeman77 did not even think of that.. assuming that could be done within a 1000 chip set… i really like that idea

If you never play below 0.50, then don't get 0.25. No way you'll need 2.50, or 20 if you have 25 (and vice versa).

You will only need about 60x 0.50 chips max to cover blinds.

If you want all the characters, split each denom into two versions.

Trying to understand the split each denom into two versions (I’m dumb)… as an example have a $1 white toad and a $1 blue yoshi? Was an idea I had early on but thought multiple colors of same denom would cause issues.

Trying to understand the split each denom into two versions (I’m dumb)… as an example have a $1 white toad and a $1 blue yoshi? Was an idea I had early on but thought multiple colors of same denom would cause issues.

No, modify it so that each denom uses the same background colour, so that you have 2 characters per denom.

I’ve got an Aria set (who hasn’t) which runs all the way from $0.05 to $500 chips and it means I can do pretty much any buy in from $10 to $500. The point is if you wanted all the characters you could use a different $1 in micro stakes and the other in bigger games. I have both $20 & $25 chips but don’t use them in the same game. $20 if we are playing smaller, $25s if we’re playing bigger.

Anything for moar chips, amirite?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom