• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Smells like some Dunes collusion (1 Viewer)

doublebooyah85

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Who in their right mind w 16,000+ reviews is willing to pay triple like me?

Smells like shit to me…

IMG_0598.png

IMG_0599.jpeg

I get no booyahs! Boo Hoo!

I am convinced eBay users have multiple accounts and then bid up their own auctions. Maybe I’m just a paranoid conspiracy theorist.
Definitely. In all auctions of life unfortunately.

I won some chips before with bids that couldn’t pay. So I was second in line.

But this smells like shit bc a power seller is selling them and another power eBay user wins them…doing each other a favor.

When you chase one particular chip, trying to win every single auction on eBay in pursuit of a rack or whatever, you tend to drive the price way up. I’ve done it before. If you decide you need them all and no price is too much, you’ll soon find out.
I suppose it could be collusion, but eBay gets their 15% no matter what, so I don’t see who that strategy works for.

And I won a $2k rack from the user insales before after the winning bid couldn’t pay.

Definitely. In all auctions of life unfortunately.

I won some chips before with bids that couldn’t pay. So I was second in line.
I really don’t understand why they remove characters in the username to create a shroud of secrecy. It’s not a silent auction, I feel like you should know who you’re bidding against

When you chase one particular chip, trying to win every single auction on eBay in pursuit of a rack or whatever, you tend to drive the price way up. I’ve done it before. If you decide you need them all and no price is too much, you’ll soon find out.
I suppose it could be collusion, but eBay gets their 15% no matter what, so I don’t see who that strategy works for.
Agree. Gonna sit back off eBay. Let others grab these. And not help raise the price. Unfortunately I’m going out on an ugly one. $66 for the dunes $500 is nuts. A $1k chip went for $60 or so a month ago bc I wasn’t in on the bidding…

But you don’t see the strategy of the seller having someone bid on their auction? Huh?

I’m not saying it’s eBay bots. It’s the sellers friend etc. Sure it may cost them $10 in fees, but they can get an extra $40-$50 off a chip like this with a collector like me chasing.

Agree. Gonna sit back off eBay. Let others grab these. And not help raise the price. Unfortunately I’m going out on an ugly one. $66 for the dunes $500 is nuts. A $1k chip went for $60 or so a month ago bc I wasn’t in on the bidding…

But you don’t see the strategy of the seller having someone bid on their auction? Huh?

I’m not saying it’s eBay bots. It’s the sellers friend etc. Sure it may cost them $10 in fees, but they can get an extra $40-$50 off a chip like this with a collector like me chasing.
But you didn’t win. So if his friend won, one of them now owes eBay $9.90.

Precisely.

But you didn’t win. So if his friend won, one of them now owes eBay $9.90.
Yes. That’s the risk. They lost $10 but also tripled the historical transactional price. And if they didn’t get as greedy in their bidding they would have netted $30+ more in profit. IF it was collusion. Just skeptical bc a power eBay user bought them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom