Tourney Play (2 Viewers)

UncleMilty

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
When combining tables and moving players from one table to another, who moves? Large stack, short stack? Thanks friends.

To rebalance when people bust, typically I pause clock for a moment and figure out who is at the equivalent seat at the other table.

For example, if the person who just busted would have been small blind on the next hand, I'll have the small blind from the other table come over and take the seat.

When we get down to final 10 and need to consolidate to one table, I pull A through 10 out of a deck of cards and have everyone draw for seats. Ace gets first dealer button.

The big blind or the next player to be in the big blind. They are moved to the worst position at the new table. Meaning in the big blind or the next open seat to the left of the big blind.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

It should always bi the big blind next hand at the table where a player is leaving. That’s just how it’s done, just as said in post #2.
So the BB at the short table goes to the other table. And takes the seat of the KOed player, no matter their seat?
Ive always done it like @jimulicram, but this way would be WAY easier.

So table 1 has 7 players, table 2 has 5. The BB next hand on table 1 moves to table 2. The reason this works is no one ends up paying the BB two hands in a row, if table 1 player moves to table 2 the worst he can do is move into the BB. Let’s say the other way seat 4 just paid the BB on table 1 and now moves into seat 4 on table two which is going to be BB as soon as he sits down. Not very fair is it??

So table 1 has 7 players, table 2 has 5. The BB next hand on table 1 moves to table 2. The reason this works is no one ends up paying the BB two hands in a row, if table 1 player moves to table 2 the worst he can do is move into the BB. Let’s say the other way seat 4 just paid the BB on table 1 and now moves into seat 4 on table two which is going to be BB as soon as he sits down. Not very fair is it??
Makes perfect sense. Thank you so much. Can't wait for the next tourney bust-out.

When we get down to final 10 and need to consolidate to one table, I pull A through 10 out of a deck of cards and have everyone draw for seats. Ace gets first dealer button
This is often the method for combining two tables. It's easy for the TD, but as a player I've always hated it. Interrupts previous relative positions of players (position is important) and can result in getting hit by consecutive blinds unfairly. I prefer "riffling" players together to mostly preserve positions... but that does take some effort to achieve. I have Tournament Director that has table combining but haven't explored its method yet.

Last edited:
This is often the method for combining two tables. It's easy for the TD, but as a player I've always hated it. Interrupts previous relative positions of players (position is important) and can result in getting hit by consecutive blinds unfairly. I prefer "riffling" players together to mostly preserve positions... but that does take some effort to achieve. I have Tournament Director that has table combining but haven't explored its method yet.
That's why they call it gambling.

I have tries this. Seems that the players at the existing table get a slight advantage. Maybe I'm not good at the 'riffling' of players.
Cannot wait until my next game to try this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom