Mine A. Lange Saxonia Watch (1 Viewer)

TheJestyr

Straight
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m not sure if this is where I’m allowed to post this, so please forgive me if I’m screwing something up, but I’m looking to sell my A. Lange Saxonia. It’s a BEAUTIFUL watch, but I just find myself gravitating to other pieces. (Also, any insight you may have in the watch selling process would be greatly appreciated!! This is the first time I’ve ever sold a watch.)

I bought it used in 2018 from a reputable retailer in Las Vegas, but the watch is from the early 2000’s. I have all the original paperwork from my purchase in 2018, but not from the original purchase, nor do I have the original box.

I’ve looked at comps and these things seem to go for north of $21k. It’s in great shape and I’ve honestly only worn it about 20 times over the past 6 years.

Because I’ve never sold a watch before, I’m not sure what details are needed, but I’m happy to provide any/all info requested.
Here’s the link to the actual watch sale and location I purchased it from:

https://www.tourneau.com/watches/pr...saxonia-white-gold-manual-216-VLS9700094.html

Based on recent sales going for $20k-$24k, my asking price is $17,777 but I’m open to offers as I really have no idea what this market looks like.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0379.png
    IMG_0379.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0380.png
    IMG_0380.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
No original papers or box would dissuade a serious collector.

Maybe @Seeking Alpha Social Club
Yeah, this was the second “serious” watch I ever bought behind my Rolex Sea Dweller, and I was assured by the sales person that it wasn’t a big deal to not have the original paperwork or box….he was sure that the Tourneau name along with my original receipts would be enough if I ever wanted to resell it to anyone….

I learned a few years later that even just the box alone would have been big…

Ah well. If anyone has input in a more fair price, I’m all ears. :) thanks all!!

So I spent some time researching prices this morning, and it looks like asking in the range of 17k is prolly more fair. Plus if I’m avoiding fees, does $15,777 seems more reasonable as asking price?

Yeah, this was the second “serious” watch I ever bought behind my Rolex Sea Dweller, and I was assured by the sales person that it wasn’t a big deal to not have the original paperwork or box….he was sure that the Tourneau name along with my original receipts would be enough if I ever wanted to resell it to anyone….

I learned a few years later that even just the box alone would have been big…

Ah well. If anyone has input in a more fair price, I’m all ears. :) thanks all!!

I agree with @Seeking Alpha Social Club that it mostly comes down to price. The sales agent is right that when it comes to authenticity or that the piece wasn’t stolen (in theory) the sales receipt from Tourneau helps. Ironically Tourneau doesn’t exist anymore. You probably don’t have any knowledge of what service it had prior to your purchase. If it was polished. If any parts were replaced. It doesn’t sound like you’ve had it serviced since purchase. High end gray market typically comes with a Timegrapher reading to measure current accuracy. Ironically my reps offer that as QC.

It may be worth reaching out to The 1916 Company (formerly Watchbox) to get a rough appraisal. Lmk if you want someone’s direct text line there.

So I spent some time researching prices this morning, and it looks like asking in the range of 17k is prolly more fair. Plus if I’m avoiding fees, does $15,777 seems more reasonable as asking price?

I agree with @Seeking Alpha Social Club that it mostly comes down to price. The sales agent is right that when it comes to authenticity or that the piece wasn’t stolen (in theory) the sales receipt from Tourneau helps. Ironically Tourneau doesn’t exist anymore. You probably don’t have any knowledge of what service it had prior to your purchase. If it was polished. If any parts were replaced. It doesn’t sound like you’ve had it serviced since purchase. High end gray market typically comes with a Timegrapher reading to measure current accuracy. Ironically my reps offer that as QC.

It may be worth reaching out to The 1916 Company (formerly Watchbox) to get a rough appraisal. Lmk if you want someone’s direct text line there.

Not knowledgeable about the watchverse, but would the original company be able to provide a verification/authentication service, new papers, and a box for a fee? Is there a serial number on the watch that can be used for other info?

Not knowledgeable about the watchverse, but would the original company be able to provide a verification/authentication service, new papers, and a box for a fee? Is there a serial number on the watch that can be used for other info?

Lange servicing is apparently notoriously expensive. I assume $1000+ for them to inspect and basic service it. In Germany. No they will never provide or sell a new box or papers. The Chinese can :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom