Any experience ordering custom ceramics from texaspokersupply? (1 Viewer)

cjenk

Waiting List
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I'm new to the forum. Just as the title says- I want to know if anyone has any experience with ordering custom ceramic chips from texaspokersupply.com. I'm looking to get a 1000pc set with a style similar to The Lodge's.

Are you certain you know exactly what you want? Best advice given to most new members is to slow down, absorb the multitudes of options available, and really be sure you know what you want before jumping into customs. I can't count the number of new members who buy a big bunch of chips when they first join, only to realize later that they wish they had waited and taken more time.

Also, my experience has been that the chips you get from online vendors such as the one you mentioned above are very overpriced for what you get. There may better options that you just don't know about yet. And the types of chips these vendors typically sell have almost no resale value if you do decide down the road that you want something else.

Feel free to share your thoughts here with the community about what you are looking for. There are a lot of us here who are happy to help a n00b. Good luck in your chipping journey.

Okay so most ppl ask about a 500, and that is bad so happy that you’re looking at a better chip count.

First we have vendors that support the site, and that helps keep us going. Texas supply some times has great deals on cards. I think before you look to buy 1000 chips blind, you should understand the chip breakdown that will be best for your needs.

There are a few links in my signature that might help you. Welcome btw, answer some questions for us, what stakes and avg buy in do you host?

Okay so most ppl ask about a 500, and that is bad so happy that you’re looking at a better chip count.

First we have vendors that support the site, and that helps keep us going. Texas supply some times has great deals on cards. I think before you look to buy 1000 chips blind, you should understand the chip breakdown that will be best for your needs.

There are a few links in my signature that might help you. Welcome btw, answer some questions for us, what stakes and avg buy in do you host?
Thanks for the response!

All of the games I host are match-the-stack 1/2 games, but I'm planning on hosting some 2/5 soon as well. For the 1/2 games, everyone typically starts out and buys in for 200-300, but it gets deep pretty quick as people top-up. All of the games are 8-max. I started hosting using a 500pc set of Monte Carlo's I bought from thepokerstore, but as I get new players into my game, I thought that it's probably best to switch to custom chips that people can't just bring in and cashout. I've heard a couple of the players saying they like The Lodge's chips, and I thought the vibrant colors would be a nice addition to our game if I could get a custom set that's similar to them.

So what are you thinking for a breakdown of chips?

Do you have a design in mind? We have members that can help with that

I do think these are crucial questions. The breakdown of chips are really important since while I purchase Tiger Palace, I bought 200$1s, $5s, $25s and $100s. But I still want a bit more just in case, my home game with my friends only uses 300chips max, but I currently own around 1300 TP chips. So make sure you have that in mind before ordering customs. Also I'd say you should get samples before ordering anything. The feeling of chips is really different from each brand.

I do think these are crucial questions. The breakdown of chips are really important since while I purchase Tiger Palace, I bought 200$1s, $5s, $25s and $100s. But I still want a bit more just in case, my home game with my friends only uses 300chips max, but I currently own around 1300 TP chips. So make sure you have that in mind before ordering customs. Also I'd say you should get samples before ordering anything. The feeling of chips is really different from each brand.
I think he's given us plenty of information to suggest a breakdown. Plays a deep $1/3 with initial $200-300 buyins, and considering moving to $2/5. Max of 8 players.

$1 x 200 (that's up to 25 per player. I think most here agree that is plenty for the lowest denomination)
$5 x 400 (could probably get away with 300, but again, most here like to have a lot of $5s)
$25 x 300 (if he's considering going to $2/5 then $25 becomes the new workhorse chip)
$100 x 100

1000 total chips (just what he said he wanted in the OP.

$19,700 bank. Enough for 4-5 $500 buyins per player in a $2/5 game. If he wants to be even safer that he can cover a huge game, then add on a barrel of $500s for another 10 grand.

As far as design, he said he likes the chips from The Lodge. I assume he means the cardroom in Austin, TX. These are their chips.

1719551033563.png

Should be pretty simple for a designer here to knock out something similar, but unique, with his own cardroom name on it. Then go with Tina no mold chips if on a budget, or BR Pro Poker if he wants to spend a little more. Personally, I would still skip Texas poker supply. I would do 39mm for the $1 through $25 and 43mm for the $100s. (and up if going with a $500)

Here is an older PCF thread discussing these chips.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...h-these-chips-from-the-lodge-card-club.88822/

I think he's given us plenty of information to suggest a breakdown. Plays a deep $1/3 with initial $200-300 buyins, and considering moving to $2/5. Max of 8 players.

$1 x 200 (that's up to 25 per player. I think most here agree that is plenty for the lowest denomination)
$5 x 400 (could probably get away with 300, but again, most here like to have a lot of $5s)
$25 x 300 (if he's considering going to $2/5 then $25 becomes the new workhorse chip)
$100 x 100

$19,700 bank. Enough for 4-5 $500 buyins per player in a $2/5 game. If he wants to be even safer that he can cover a huge game, then add on a barrel of $500s for another 10 grand.

As far as design, he said he likes the chips from The Lodge. I assume he means the cardroom in Austin, TX. These are their chips.

View attachment 1350222

Should be pretty simple for a designer here to knock out something similar, but unique, with his own cardroom name on it. Then go with Tina no mold chips if on a budget, or BR Pro Poker if he wants to spend a little more. Personally, I would still skip Texas poker supply. I would do 39mm for the $1 through $25 and 43mm for the $100s. (and up if going with a $500)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...h-these-chips-from-the-lodge-card-club.88822/
Dang, it seems that I need to get more 5s now.

$100 x 100

View attachment 1350222

Surprised you didn't also include Tina's greek/web hybrids as recommendations. Far better quality choice imo, and harder for others to produce counterfeits than plain no-mold ceramics.

Surprised you didn't also include Tina's greek/web hybrids as recommendations. Far better quality choice imo, and harder for others to produce counterfeits than plain no-mold ceramics.
Personally, I love the Tina hybrids and hate no molds. But that's me. I was tailoring my advice to what he said he wanted - a standard ceramic style chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom