Apache 2800 for 400 chips, proud of it! (1 Viewer)

Booshme

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey guys, I love geeking out over cases and I got an Apache 2800 and set it up to fit 400 chips for my smaller spur of the moment games. It has room for two decks and at least 10 plaques, plus my buttons and a couple vapes. The guys and I all vape at the table and I’m hoping it’ll get it a laugh once I show it. I used 6 layers of PlastiDip, and could have fit more plaques if I designed them to be stored vertically, but I prefer this aesthetic and we have yet to break the plaques in anyways.

I hope you guys like it! I bought it and got it shipped for 30 bucks, totally worth it and if I can get another deal I’ll probably buy one for my friend’s bday.

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 101
Did you use the spray PlastiDip? I have some apaches and havent plasti-dipped them yet. Any advice?

Looks good!
Thank you!
Did you use the spray PlastiDip? I have some apaches and havent plasti-dipped them yet. Any advice?
I sure did! Go really light and evenly spray just one coat at a time, the first 3 layers wait 10-15 minutes between each. Then for the next 2-3 wait 20-30. You can do more if you please, I've seen videos on YouTube of guys using them for guns and they spay like a dozen layers, and it looks pretty sturdy. 6-7 is good enough for what I got going on, though, I did it while doing chores and woke up to a nice and ready set!

Did you do both the top and bottom foams? and you just plucked the foam first to fit the set up you wanted and then plastidipped once the foam was how you wanted? Once plastidip the foams can't be further modified- right?

Did you do both the top and bottom foams? and you just plucked the foam first to fit the set up you wanted and then plastidipped once the foam was how you wanted? Once plastidip the foams can't be further modified- right?
The first case I did, the black one, I did every surface top and bottom. No complaints!

For the Orange Apache I only did the outside, top, and inside surfaces on the top layer of foam. This was AFTER plucking them.

I think it can be further modified, just cut with an exacto knife or something and continue your plucking ways, don't be afraid to pluck around a little ;)
Oh, and something I did that was pretty cool: I used the layers I plucked for the racks to glue beneath my rack-cases, offering a cushion and more comfy support to the chips underneath, which also saves me from having to use any covers over them (saving space and keeping things more tidy and streamlined for when I have to grab more chips). I believe it's a better option than the covers, to be honest.

Thanks for asking!

The first case I did, the black one, I did every surface top and bottom. No complaints!

For the Orange Apache I only did the outside, top, and inside surfaces on the top layer of foam. This was AFTER plucking them.

I think it can be further modified, just cut with an exacto knife or something and continue your plucking ways, don't be afraid to pluck around a little ;)
Oh, and something I did that was pretty cool: I used the layers I plucked for the racks to glue beneath my rack-cases, offering a cushion and more comfy support to the chips underneath, which also saves me from having to use any covers over them (saving space and keeping things more tidy and streamlined for when I have to grab more chips). I believe it's a better option than the covers, to be honest.

Thanks for asking!
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.
Any time man! If you go to www.mycasebuilder.com you can even have them print custom measurements, or even just mess around with measurements fitting your case to have a nice visual of it will look. The pluck squares are a half-inch each, btw.

Here's a custom-printed one that I saw on here that I absolutely love, and once I can afford I'll probably do for myself, but for 500 chips and room for all my accessories. (Sorry I lost the username and didn't credit the person who designed it!)

You can also get cool prints, such as another I found on a post here (thank you @brewdawg )

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 1720818915659.jpeg
    1720818915659.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
The spot for vapes is great haha I'm going steal that idea. I have a bunch of vapes that I throw on the table because my buddies are the same haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom