Apache Poker - Empires & Majestics (1 Viewer)

Theprofolder

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey all,

I think I’m going to pull the trigger on buying some chips from Apache Poker to build my first set.

I was checking out the empires or the majestic sets in .25, .50, $1, $5 denominations and get around 450-500.
(I do a cash game each week with 6-8 players, .25/.50 blinds -$25 buy in with people buying back in a few times. We use a 500ct dice set and don’t even use one row of chips - 50 count).

My order will run me around $300ish (.49 ea) but would like to get your guys take on some things.

Does anyone have any experience with these chips? The mold isn’t anything to write home about but that’s not a big priority for me, the colorway and label is what’s more important to me. I’d enjoy something that stands out on my table since it has black speedcloth.

I’m also not big on the $5 empire designs, would it be sacrilege if I used a different value chip in that set to represent the $5? Like $10 on the empires for example.

Are there any other chip options anyone might recommend around that price range?

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 59
I would definitely get samples of each. The empires are basically tina card mold ceramics like those group buys. The majestics are china clay and have a different feel/sound.

I'm getting royals myself, I like the larger diameter, the designs, and for some reason they feel better.

But I agree with previous commenter, check out the group buy thread and all the possible designs. The sands design gave me pause, I almost went that route - but at the end of the day I prefer the china clay over ceramic. It might be my next set.

I have the Majestic, I like them! Nice colors, the label is bold and moderate price.
I would not use a different value chip in that set to represent the $5? Like $10 on the empires for example but you do you.

I have a 600 empire set. They are great.

I got samples and liked those the best.

The majestic and empires are different type chips.

I'm in the process of getting a 500 Majestic set. For 6-8 players on a $20 buy in. But I'm going with
100 5 cent
200 25 cent
150 1 dollar
50 5 dollar
And a few $20 plaques.

I just got the first rack of five cent chips today.
I bought their sample set and the Dunes sample set over a year ago and couldn't decide. Finally pulled the trigger last week.

Attachments

• IMG_20240909_123329.jpg
    IMG_20240909_123329.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 16

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom