Are RHC chips lighter than THC? (1 Viewer)

Nikac11

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I just got a barrel of THC and RHC chips and it feels like the RHC ones are somewhat lighter than the THC.
Is this generally the case or am I tripping. I don't have a scale to precisely weight them.

It might be less important nowadays, but various colours used to be comprised of majority inorganic compounds, much like oil paints, and they can vary widely in density.
Oh, interesting, I didn’t know that. Well anyway these are the chips that I was comparing

1725652958650.png

Okay, thanks guys. I thought the mold was making a difference but this makes more sense

There are also leaded rhc chips out there. They can be pretty heavy but generally certain old THC chips are the heaviest I think.

And keep in mind that hot stamps will be heavier than inlaid chips, because the inlay weighs less than the clay it displaces.

And keep in mind that hot stamps will be heavier than inlaid chips, because the inlay weighs less than the clay it displaces.

I actually have a hard time believing this, not because the theory is unsound, but because the amount of clay displaced would be less than 2% of the volume of the entire chip's overall dimensions, which would likely not register significantly (or at least be well within normal variances) on any scale.

I actually have a hard time believing this, not because the theory is unsound, but because the amount of clay displaced would be less than 2% of the volume of the entire chip's overall dimensions, which would likely not register significantly (or at least be well within normal variances) on any scale.
That’s what I’ve always thought too. But weight them - from what I’ve seen, the weight difference is close to a gram on leaded Paulsons and at least a good half gram on unleaded.

Day Green is generally lighter than Dark Green or Munzell
Typically true for all day-glo colors, regardless of shade or manufacturer. Regular pink heavier than hot pink, etc.

Reactions: ovo
Don't think there's a substantial difference in weight between RHC and THC (all things equal). In terms of feel (eg when shuffling), the biggest difference to me is the mold itself and how the chips wear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom