Been out of the game a while (1 Viewer)

VulgarrViking

High Hand
Reaction score
I took a year or two off and now I can't remember my plans. I'm trying to put together a chipset for a low-value cash game for 6-8 players.
nickel, dime, quarter, dollar stuff.
Can someone give me an idea on a chip count and denom setup?
I think 500-600 would be more than enough for that many players.

That's what I was looking for right there. That sort of info.
1724174411682.png

No dimes. Use nickel/quarter/1/5.

A 500 chip set will do it.
100 nickels max
200 quarters
Balance the rest depending on your bank needs (largest predicted amount on the table on your biggest night +50-100% fudge factor)

That's not even close to what I'm looking for. I'm talking low denom cash game. 5 cents 10 cents that sort of thing.
The smallest chip in that set is $1.
I only weigh in because I can.

Take it down a notch. And put the requisite note with your username and date in your ad in the classifieds or sont be shocked when the mods close it.

Take it down a notch. And put the requisite note with your username and date in your ad in the classifieds or sont be shocked when the mods close it.
Maybe that “take it down a notch” is out of line. His response was perfect. I would have expected a response with more sarcasm. He asked for chip counts for a .05/.10 set. Somebody replied, trying to sell him on an incomplete $1/$5 set of cancelled RHCs. It didn’t make much sense.

Well, I know you know I don’t make it a point of being out of line and maybe I didn’t catch the sarcasm. It just seems like lately there’s been an infusion of everything that PCF isn’t.

I won’t disagree to that maybe my response wouldn’t have been helpful or consistent with the crux of why I responded like that but know you get it.

My apologies with explanation. I think this place is morphing sometimes.

Maybe that “take it down a notch” is out of line. His response was perfect. I would have expected a response with more sarcasm. He asked for chip counts for a .05/.10 set. Somebody replied, trying to sell him on an incomplete $1/$5 set of cancelled RHCs. It didn’t make much sense.
Nope, the 5c/10c was after the suggestion. Take another look

Take it down a notch?
There was no malice or sarcasm. I was being direct. I asked for nickel, quarter, dollar and he pointed me towards a set of mostly $25 chips. Wasn't what I asked for. I wasn't even looking for a chip set I asked for small change numbers and starting chip counts.

Nope, the 5c/10c was after the suggestion. Take another look
In his initial post he said:
I'm trying to put together a chipset for a low-value cash game for 6-8 players.

I dunno. Misunderstandings I suppose. No need for us to be arguing about it.

Yep, sorry dudes. I see the reference now in OP. Totally my fault, guess I was too eager to suggest a set.

My wife says I only hear what I want. Well, apparently, I also only read what I want.

Good luck finding what you need on the forum

Take it down a notch?
There was no malice or sarcasm. I was being direct. I asked for nickel, quarter, dollar and he pointed me towards a set of mostly $25 chips. Wasn't what I asked for. I wasn't even looking for a chip set I asked for small change numbers and starting chip counts.
I get where you’re coming from and I shouldn’t have been that forward. Others can attest to a flurry of instances recently where our community has had to contend with newer members that might think this is more social media-like than the pretty darn close knit community it is. It doesn’t look like you just rolled in either so again, my apologies.

I took a year or two off and now I can't remember my plans. I'm trying to put together a chipset for a low-value cash game for 6-8 players.
Can someone give me an idea on a chip count and denom setup?
I think 500-600 would be more than enough for that many players.
For an 8-player 5c/10c set, I'd go with:

100 x 5c
200 x 25c
160 x $1
40 x $5
-‐----------
500 chips = $415 bank (and $20 bills can play if needed)

$20 buy-ins is 200bb (or 100bb at 10c/20c stakes).

First five buy-ins get:
20 x 5c = $1.00
20 x 25c = $5.00
14 x $1 = $14.00

Everybody else:
20 x 25c = $5.00
15 x $1 = $15.00

Gets all of the nickels in play from the very beginning. Add $5 chips when/if you run out of quarters and dollars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom