Best chips I can buy? (1 Viewer)

cembz

Reaction score
Hello,

Me and my friends are still new to poker, but we have been playing at least once a week. Between us we have 3 300-piece poker sets. Nothing fancy, just your average store-bought poker sets that will seat around 4-5 of us.

Long story short, I was thinking about what to get for my birthday in a few months and decided I would like a custom 500-piece poker set as more of us have started playing, and thought a 500-piece set we can use comfortably with the amount of people playing would be cool, not just because there is more chips but because I would like to customise the chips to my liking so they aren't your average poker chips, and so I can also use them to practice and to play with my family. I am not fussed about buying the cards, case, dealer/bb/sb chips and mat separately, just as long as I can get the 500 chips.

Can anybody recommend a website / online store that I can buy 500 chips in 5 colours for around £100-£200? The cheaper the better, but no fully plastic chips please. Clay composite or ceramic preferred as I know 100% clay is way out of my budget, maybe even ceramic too. Even better if you can vouch for the website, as I want to put my own design from Adobe Illustrator on the chips.

Many thanks!

In my opinion, the BEST chips you can buy within your price range, or maybe just a nudge over it, are what we call here "Tina hybrid ceramics." These are ceramic chips with a printed label insert that you can fully customize to your heart's content. AND, you can fully customize the ceramic part as well. One of our vendors here - @justincarothers runs monthly buys. Go spend some time in his threads to get some ideas what is available. My personal favorite is the "Web Mold" design. I believe they run right around 45-50 cents US per chip. I believe you can also have then shipped directly to you in London. Go talk to Justin. He will answer all your questions.

Here's a link to his latest purchase thread. Ordering open until August 6th.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...d-cards-mold-textured-no-mold-08-2024.121583/

Here's an example of what these chips can look like. This is a stock design, but as I said, anything you can imagine can be printed on these chips.

1721755510976.png

I am currently playing with majestic chips at a local poker club. I really like these - what’s the difference between the web mold ones being offered? I just ordered a bunch of samples from Apache to see how those are.

I am currently playing with majestic chips at a local poker club. I really like these - what’s the difference between the web mold ones being offered? I just ordered a bunch of samples from Apache to see how those are.
That's a very good question... So I got out some of my sample chips. I don't have any 39mm web molds, just 43mm, but I do have Greek mold and Small crown, which are virtually identical hybrids, other than the mold itself.

20240725_194207.jpg

20240725_194223.jpg

To me, they feel pretty different in my hands. The Majestics are more "platic-y" feeling and make more of a thud when dropped or splashed. The Tina hybrids feel more clay-like and make a more pleasant "clinky" sound when splashed.

Majestics have a thinner flat edge and are more rounded. They are harder to get to stand on end. Tina Hybrids have a wider edge and somewhat sharper corners. They easily stand on edge.

And the biggest difference of all is that Majestics only come in a set of stock designs. With Tina hybrids, the sky's the limit on what you want them to look like.

I own lots of Tina chips, mostly the older cards mold. And I'm planning a big order of Web mold chips. This is in spite of also owning several sets of clay chips. I would not personally buy a set of Majestics. Not even if they were half the cost of Tina hybrids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom