Tourney Birthday party 2hr turbo (1 Viewer)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So I need some suggestions here. My buddy is turning 50 and his wife is holding a dinner party but he wants a poker game also. I’ve been instructed by the wife that we can’t spend all night playing poker so it’s going to have to be a time limited turbo style. However the vast majority of players are not regular and some may have never played before. I want to keep it as simple as possible but still keep it to 2 hours for a single table, max 9.

I’m thinking a single $20 bullet, winner takes all to keep it easy or just pay the top 2. It’s going to start slow so I think half an hour min levels initially and then ramping up at the end when the less experienced players are out. Can someone suggest blind levels so that we can be done in 2 hours? @BGinGA

I’ll probably use a T25 set but have chips to do pretty much anything.

Screenshot_20240605_190411_Facebook.jpg

Stacks:
8 @ 25
8 @ 100
4 @ 500
2 @ 1000

$20 entry.
Allow unlimited rebuys until chip-up.
2 hours

Stacks:
8 @ 25
8 @ 100
4 @ 500
2 @ 1000

$20 entry.
Allow unlimited rebuys until chip-up.
2 hours

I like this. Even at a re-buy per player, there will still only be ~22bb in level 8. No rebuys and you're near guaranteed to end on time.

If you really want longer first levels I would make the first two or three 20 minutes and the second to last two or three 10 minutes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom