Black Cat | CPC - DSQ 39mm Cali | Cash | J5 (1 Viewer)

Machine

Full House
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
First To echo @Rieguy

Thanks to @David Spragg for providing the chipping community the avenue for true custom and quality chips.
thank you to @Tommy for creating PCF and what all that entails.
I hold both in the same esteem!

I don't have a cool story or a place I love, for me philosophy still holds sway, and this subtle and clever nod to superstition and the bright chips suites me just fine. I am inclined to share my journey and thank / tip my hat to those who inspire and came before me.

I was first enthralled with DSQ after I was graciously able to secure @wonderpuddle's sample of his holiday edition of The Tilted Donkey. Rieguy's City of Dawn secured my CSQ need!

I have found that of all the chippers our taste in chips (wonderpuddle) are the most similar, at least to me. I was shocked to find he was the artist of The Tilted Donkey, and really enjoyed his Slim's scrowns.

1723410183258.png

From there @Himewad was kind enough to loan me his mold and color CPC samples which really helped me home in on what I wanted.
With my previous set, I went for a $25, but developed a $20, brother @Ben8257 helped we with that chip and I'm so glad it found a home with this set.

When I received my Icarus set, I had commissioned a tribute chip, only a barrel but wanted to do more with it, its a fabulous chip! It is cumbersome to work or build into a set because of all the colors.

1723410709040.png

So that's where I started, when I honed in on it being a $5, the 20 had a great contrast and worked well together.

I think my frac is a bit over level for a frac but it holds its own in the set and doesn't out shine the 5. For this I drew inspiration from @rjdev7's $25 from his Nevada Club set.

1723411103244.png

I had racked my brain for a label that I would love, and while I had some fun and good ideals, I had some overlap and while I could develop something, I really like the ideal of a black cat, being American and not superstitious, I thought its best taunt for those that are. The artwork, and inscription that @Toby and @Johnny5 were just perfect. Thank you both for letting me ride the epic cat!

The original Hall of Fame set: Black Cat Club Chip DB

Without further ado, the photos!

IMG_1502.jpeg
IMG_1505.jpeg
IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1516.jpeg

I also picked up a limited amount of color wheels as a member chip

IMG_1525.jpeg
IMG_1527.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the whole set, but man those $5s just explode with color!

I’ll have to come check them out in person sometime if you ever need more players.

Excellent work! Everything tells me the $5 has no business working in theory, but it obliterates that sentiment and is awesome stacked. Love the green frac as well (especially the inlay); wish more sets went that route! The core really plays together beautifully and the $20 is hot. Nice job here, and of course, DSQ ftw!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom