Broken handle on Versa case - how can I make it functional? (2 Viewers)

elemeno

Two Pair
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpeg
    IMG_0087.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
It’s disappointing to see the Versa handle break this way. I’m sure it’s the same exact handle on the Versa “Carrier” style case as well. That is what I own. I’ve always afforded it 100% of my trust….
image.jpg
Now…not 100%

That said, to answer the question, there is a product “J.B. Weld”. It’s an epoxy and resin combo, you buy as a pair. Mix and even amount with a toothpic or some shit, and apply to both ends of break, and hold (easier said than done), and once it cures after 24hrs, it’s pretty dam effective.

It’s disappointing to see the Versa handle break this way. I’m sure it’s the same exact handle on the Versa “Carrier” style case as well. That is what I own. I’ve always afforded it 100% of my trust….
View attachment 1399173
Now…not 100%

That said, to answer the question, there is a product “J.B. Weld”. It’s an epoxy and resin combo, you buy as a pair. Mix and even amount with a toothpic or some shit, and apply to both ends of break, and hold (easier said than done), and once it cures after 24hrs, it’s pretty dam effective.

There are limits to what JB Weld can handle, no pun intended. I've had mixed results.

I would suggest either:

1) Buying a totally new handle to replace it. May require some work to attach properly.

2) Inserting a metal rod or very strong wood dowel (oak maybe) into the interior of the existing handle, before sealing the exterior with some epoxy product.

^^^ If the handle is solid, you could drill symettrical holes on each side of the snapped part to insert a post. If hollow, just buy a post that fits snugly inside.

This would strengthen the handle before sealing. May want to buy an epoxy sealer which is sandable.

3) There are repair products which can be found at most hardware stores, or bought online which are used to fix things like rake or broom handles. Typically, this is a sort of reinforced wrap that you can use to attach two broken parts. I would still want to have some kind of interior strengthener, but worth looking into. Not the prettiest solution, but it might solve your problem.

Last edited:
3) There are repair products which can be found at most hardware stores, or bought online which are used to repair things like rake or broom handles. Typically, this is a sort of reinforced wrap that you can use to attach two broken parts. I would still want to have some kind of interior strengthener, but worth looking into. Not the prettiest solution, but it might solve your problem.

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines of inserting a shaved piece of wood for strengthening. Will check out the hardware store for this too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom