Budget Custom 500 Chip Set without Stickers (2 Viewers)

wilric20

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a college student that organizes one-table poker tournaments for players in my dorm. I have already designed custom labels for my chip set, and I plan to get nonlaminated round stickers and will self-label my chips. Although I will need a standard inlay for my stickers on the chips, I am not looking for aesthetic edge inlay designs.

Essentially, I'm posting because I'm looking for chips that I can customize in terms of color/spot pattern (two-color chips, not three-color patterns) and get for $0.50/chip or less. Everywhere I find that sells custom poker chips, the price per chip seems to be driven by the companies asking me to have them create the labels when I can just buy cheap circular labels online, OR they ask me to choose a complex edge inlay design that I don't need. (My understanding is that if a chip's surface is entirely flat with no depression in the center, I cannot apply stickers without the chips becoming unstackable.)

TLDR: Is it possible for me to buy a 500-chip set with customized colors and spot patterns, a simple inlay for my stickers without edge designs, and without labels on them for less than $250? Where/who would I go to have this done? Thanks

Welcome!
Yes, you can find a 500 chip set with customized colors and spot patterns for 250 bucks, as far as I know they come with your custom inlays (labels) and you wait for 4-6 weeks (which is a short time)

There are vendor subforums, you'll want to look for broken arrow and @justincarothers who can help you with a CC order, they will be in your budget.

Personally, I like https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/majestic-poker-chips/ you can re-label them with custom labels, but you can't pick your inserts or colors. They do stock 11 different versions. This option will get chips to your door faster, but they will be pushing your budget. I like these chips better than the CC, you should get samples, which won't take as long, because someone on the site will help you out.

You are correct flat chips will be spinners and won't stack.

Welcome to your journey and don't forget to check out the links in my signature (landscape on mobile)

If you want to go low budget, there's a ton of slugged sets out there for about $0.18/chip. They'll probably meet your needs and cost about 1/2 of what your budget is. Then you can save up for the set you want. Then presto, welcome to the sickness.

You won't get custom colors or spot patterns. But even if they have labels, you can pop them off and put on your own. Just to show a few...

https://www.discountpokershop.com/2...bqfDaTazMl55JuhsPdcNYX_5RziR_noBoCeE8QAvD_BwE

https://www.discountpokershop.com/2...cEsqpmDHRjl425uikqSsc-US67zHVI5xoCuBEQAvD_BwE

If you want to go low budget, there's a ton of slugged sets out there for about $0.18/chip. They'll probably meet your needs and cost about 1/2 of what your budget is. Then you can save up for the set you want. Then presto, welcome to the sickness.

You won't get custom colors or spot patterns. But even if they have labels, you can pop them off and put on your own. Just to show a few...

https://www.discountpokershop.com/2...bqfDaTazMl55JuhsPdcNYX_5RziR_noBoCeE8QAvD_BwE

https://www.discountpokershop.com/2...cEsqpmDHRjl425uikqSsc-US67zHVI5xoCuBEQAvD_BwE

100%. It does take much for this rabbit hole to go wide open. I think I've been on this forum roughly 8 weeks, and I've already design three sets of chips I could print tomorrow - but can only go with one (for now). One of the other two will get printed at some point. ...unless I start working on a 4th option I prefer over the first two. Which is highly possible. :LOL: :laugh:

Welcome!
Yes, you can find a 500 chip set with customized colors and spot patterns for 250 bucks, as far as I know they come with your custom inlays (labels) and you wait for 4-6 weeks (which is a short time)

There are vendor subforums, you'll want to look for broken arrow and @justincarothers who can help you with a CC order, they will be in your budget.

Personally, I like https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/majestic-poker-chips/ you can re-label them with custom labels, but you can't pick your inserts or colors. They do stock 11 different versions. This option will get chips to your door faster, but they will be pushing your budget. I like these chips better than the CC, you should get samples, which won't take as long, because someone on the site will help you out.

You are correct flat chips will be spinners and won't stack.

Welcome to your journey and don't forget to check out the links in my signature (landscape on mobile)

Is this true, you can order custom made China Clays with custom colors and spots? Has anyone done this? Would love to see samples.

You can order custom china clays with custom colors, spots, and labels (even with a custom mold), but it will cost you, and likely require a minimum order size of 20,000 chips or more.

Ordering custom Chinese ceramics (or ceramic hybrids) is much easier.

Honestly, if you have artwork all ready in AI format, I'd run it by Justin at the Broken Arrow Cardroom Supply sub-forum. You're looking at around .41/chip for full-customs using card mold. People on here will disagree with me, but the cards mold set I have from him are really nice, and I think fit what you're looking for perfectly.

In fact for .44/chip, you could go Greek or Web hybrid mold blanks and do your own labels.

His shipping is more-than reasonable, IMO.

Honestly, if you have artwork all ready in AI format, I'd run it by Justin at the Broken Arrow Cardroom Supply sub-forum. You're looking at around .41/chip for full-customs using card mold. People on here will disagree with me, but the cards mold set I have from him are really nice, and I think fit what you're looking for perfectly.

In fact for .44/chip, you could go Greek or Web hybrid mold blanks and do your own labels.

His shipping is more-than reasonable, IMO.
I second this! Got my set from Justin and they are amazing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom