Ceramic weights (1 Viewer)

gforce

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I’m building a custom ceramic chip set for my poker club. I currently have 14 g ABS chips (Monte Carlos). I like the sound and feel of ceramic chips, but I think the 10 g chips, which I’ve ordered many samples of, may feel too light for my players, who like the heavier feel. Do they make ceramic chips heavier than 10 g?

14g chips are too heavy. They handle badly and suck to shuffle. I play in two private games that use them and can’t stand them.

I would just ignore any initial complaints; your players will forget the old weight once they get used to them. They only like them because they’re used to them. 8.5-10g is objectively much more comfortable.

I think most 39mm ceramic chips are ~10g, 43mm ~12g. 10g is fine and your players will get used to them I'm sure.

43mm ceramics usually weigh in at higher weight.
^ This. 43mm hybrids are typically at 10-11g, standard 39mm ceramics at 10g, standard 43mm ceramics at 12g. Anything larger or heavier is not comfortable for play or transport.

Those metal slugged ABS plastic are heavier solely because they have metal insert inside.

AFAIK there is no ceramic with metal insert, so if u want CERAMIC and 14+g weight , you need a set make up of 60mm dealer button size chips (@Himewad)

Did a quick google search, and it looks like 47mm chips are approximately 14 grams. 60mm dealer buttons are closer to 40 grams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom