Chalky China Clays? (1 Viewer)

Dagon

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've heard many people talk about China Clays showing up chalky. Both of these sets were ordered in the last couple weeks and are un used. The Chinas are still in the packing. 0 chalk on the China Clays but the CPCs certainly need some cleaning. There is also no smell. Anyone else experance this recently, or am i missing something?

1720803203573.png

1720803219487.png

1720803233766.png

Last edited:
I’m in the minority that have never experienced the smell issue of china clays and I’ve had at least six different sets of them, cash and tourney. Milano, Pharaohs (older ones and newer ones both) dunes, desert palms, almost all of them both new and used. Never noticed a smell and none of my players ever mentioned it either. Dust yes, on new ones, but no smell. Who knows.

I got samples of a bunch of the china clays recently, and I can only smell them if I stick my nose right up next to them and huff. I dunno if they've done something to reduce the smell over time or what but I'm usually pretty sensitive to the smell of VOCs and the like.

The Dunes were so clean it made me wonder if they are now running them in mass through a mechanical washer. I cant see how this would be cost-efficient, but there is no dust on this batch.

I’m in the minority that have never experienced the smell issue of china clays and I’ve had at least six different sets of them, cash and tourney. Milano, Pharaohs (older ones and newer ones both) dunes, desert palms, almost all of them both new and used. Never noticed a smell and none of my players ever mentioned it either. Dust yes, on new ones, but no smell. Who knows.
Have you noticed the smell of Paulsons?

The 'chalkiness' of the chips I am 95% sure come from the powder lubricant they use in the manufacturing process to make sure the chip ejects properly from the injection mold. They may or may not be the source of the smell, but since they try to use more 'inert' stuff then I'm leaning toward not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom