Wanted Chip Spacers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

horseshoez

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I figure this would be the best place to post about this since the Classifieds are the most active.

Anybody know where I can get different thickness clear chip spacers? Friend of mine has some used 05 CDI's that move a little in a Paulson rack. Prefers them to be snug. Wondering if there is a source that has a variety of options in terms of thickness.

Thanks in advance.

I do think if you are looking for specific heights and can't really find them, the easiest way is to get a 3d printer and print them yourself, those resin printers could make really clear products.

I figure this would be the best place to post about this since the Classifieds are the most active.

Anybody know where I can get different thickness clear chip spacers? Friend of mine has some used 05 CDI's that move a little in a Paulson rack. Prefers them to be snug. Wondering if there is a source that has a variety of options in terms of thickness.

Thanks in advance.
Round disks or designed to fit a certain rack?
Either way I could print them and have clear filament.
lmk

I do think if you are looking for specific heights and can't really find them, the easiest way is to get a 3d printer and print them yourself, those resin printers could make really clear products.

Not the height, but the thickness. They’re sold all over but I haven’t found a source that offers different thicknesses. For example, if the chips are barely worn, 1mm spacer. If they are bike tires, 1.5mm or whatever is needed to fill the space.

Round disks or designed to fit a certain rack?
Either way I could print them and have clear filament.
lmk

Might be a viable solution if I can’t find what I’m looking for. Perhaps take a caliper measurement of the gap and have them printed to fit in there perfectly?

Might be a viable solution if I can’t find what I’m looking for. Perhaps take a caliper measurement of the gap and have them printed to fit in there perfectly?
Use something to shim the gap, like a coin, and measure the height. If you get them printed from someone, make sure you ask for a hole in the center. Reason #1, you don't need a perfectly clear filament/resin to see the face of your chips, and #2 it'll be cheaper/faster to print/less material.

20pcs 43mm x 1mm DISC print time: (3 hours, 35g material)
Screenshot 2024-05-26 060910.png

20pcs 43mm x 1mm DONUT print time: (1 hour, 11g material)
Screenshot 2024-05-26 061014.png

1/3 of the price for the same results, and possibly more desirable. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom