Cleaning Chipco Chips (1 Viewer)

rustycheerio

Flush
Reaction score
Finally got a set i've been wanting for months, almost 3K Chips.
I think they have been sitting outside because in addition to normal gunk they all have a thin layer of dirt on them, making your hands feel extra dirty after using them.
Just wanting to get some quick feedback--
fastest/easiest way to clean these?

Thinking about getting 3 giant tubs, filling the first with water and dish soap, giving them each a quick scrub, then throwing them into the only water tub, then drying them and throwing em in the last tub.
They're really beat up, so ultra cleaning isn't needed just want that layer of dirt off of em.
Appreciate any advise in advance, thank you!

@krafticus did similar, right? Might be misremembering.
I did. I did a similar method @rustycheerio

1 bucket with warm (not super hot) water with lots of dawn soap, super sudsy
1 bucket with cold clean water
1 dobie sponge
1720636819781.png

Lots of elbow grease...

I dumped a rack at a time into the soapy water, and let sit for about 10 min. Then pulled them out and gave them some quick swipes to get all the gunk off; faces and sides. Sometimes I'd grab a barrel or so at a time and clean the edges, place them on a table with a towel, and then do each of the faces, and toss them into my "clean water" bucket.

They were so dirty that I changed the soapy water after 1-2 racks, and the clean water bucket after about 3-4 racks. Air dry on a towel, and rack them up.

They looked MUCH better when done; not brand new by any means .. but clean and not sticky at all.
dirty1.jpg
dirty2.jpg
bucket.jpg
isle_tournament.jpg
starting_stack.jpg

1 dobie sponge
View attachment 1355532

Lots of elbow grease...

I dumped a rack at a time into the soapy water, and let sit for about 10 min. Then pulled them out and gave them some quick swipes to get all the gunk off; faces and sides. Sometimes I'd grab a barrel or so at a time and clean the edges, place them on a table with a towel, and then do each of the faces, and toss them into my "clean water" bucket.

They were so dirty that I changed the soapy water after 1-2 racks, and the clean water bucket after about 3-4 racks. Air dry on a towel, and rack them up.

They looked MUCH better when done; not brand new by any means .. but clean and not sticky at all.View attachment 1355537View attachment 1355538View attachment 1355536View attachment 1355539View attachment 1355540
i remember using these.
thanks so much for your advice.
going to do this today. looking at a few weeks project but much needed.
just sorted out the completely beat to shit $5s from the average+ $5s and my hands are SO fucking dirty lol.
i feel like im breathing in covid again(they closed as it happened)

I used Dawn and water with a semi-soft rag. Only have 600 chips but got it done in less than a day while multi-tasking.

1 dobie sponge
View attachment 1355532

Lots of elbow grease...

They looked MUCH better when done; not brand new by any means .. but clean and not sticky at all.View attachment 1355537View attachment 1355538View attachment 1355536View attachment 1355539View attachment 1355540
You should put these pictures in your for sale post!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom