CPC Tournament Set Critique (2 Viewers)

Timmah

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I recently finished putting together a Paulson cash set. Now I have my sights set on ordering a CPC tournament set.

I’ve been playing with this for months now. Changing, then changing again. Tweaking, then tweaking some more. I think I finally have it dialed in.

IMG_3589.png

T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, T25000, Bounty

I play 2 tournaments a month. I play a T25 that my friend hosts, and I host a T100 tournament. Both games generally have 2 tables. I also like to host the occasional single table T500 game. I want the set to cover all three tournament types.

The inlays will be similar to the Tina set I ordered.
IMG_3605.jpeg

The colors will be adjusted for the new chips.

Any critique is appreciated.

Green spots on black 100 chips combined with green 25 chips has always tilted me. Have sold many otherwise-great sets for this exact reason.

Do you have a CPC color sample set?
I do have the sample set. Every time I make a change I get them out and take a look.

Green spots on black 100 chips combined with green 25 chips has always tilted me. Have sold many otherwise-great sets for this exact reason.
Try not to duplicate similar colour shades between adjacent denom chips. Helps to avoid dirty stacks, especially with wider spots.
Good points. Perhaps I’ll switch the green on the $100 with the arc yellow on the $500.

Do you have a CPC color sample set?
This^^^

It helps to be able to play with a color sample for sure. So you can look at what you are making in the designer, right in front of you, what it will actually look like.

I recently put an order into CPC, after waffling for a few years, and having the sample is key. Many times, you will make a chip in the tool, and then play with the color sample and see that you don’t really like it. It’s fun to do as well. You can put up a wanted ad or just order one direct. If you’ve already done all this, and you are happy, man, just be happy. In the end, I submitted my own idea, figured it will make me happy, life goes on.

Still though, looks great man! I can’t comment on the label, it’s not something I’m good at. It’s vague to me what makes a label great and all that…

1726583068492.png

Some thoughts,

The 25, having a black 100 gives us no reason not to use a bright green for the 25, using brown spot pops nice on a bright chip and frees up the DG Tiger color.
The 100, change DG Green to White as we are using a green 25
The 500 - Amazing as is
The 1000 - I love the DG Tiger here as a work horse chip but DG Peach works as well it is a preference
The 5000 - Gray is a nice color but a off white gives a better contrast to the chip. This will be a top value chip for a long time. Changed DG Tiger spot to a red spot as we have a DG Tiger chip.
The 25k - I feed like a red chip here is not getting the wow effect the 25k deserves, specially having similar edge spots as the 500. I tested light blue, and then used DG Green and DG Peach with it. There are multiple color options available for the top two chips.

1726583427145.png

1726583487057.png

Just some food for thought. But also what is the felt color you will play on? I always try to avoid having chips in the same color as my main felt.

T25 looks great. T100 is a great standalone chip but may have some dirty pot issues with a green T25 as well. Maybe try a white spot instead of a green spot.

Love the T500. Keep that as is. Something off about the T1k for some reason. Consider lightening the blurple spot to regular purple. Another green spot? Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Try something else there.

T5k? Love it. Love a gray T5k.

Consider a blue base for a T25K instead if red. You already used pink and yellow as spot colors on other chips. See how a DG Peacock base with a retro blue and another color spot looks. One of the reds could work.

The bounty is fine but sticks out like a sore thumb relative to the rest of the set and not in a good way.

Looking forward to following your progress!

To clarify Im not trying to show you better colors for you chips. Im showing you the options that are available, it all comes down to what you like! Not us!

View attachment 1389282

Some thoughts,

The 25, having a black 100 gives us no reason not to use a bright green for the 25, using brown spot pops nice on a bright chip and frees up the DG Tiger color.
The 100, change DG Green to White as we are using a green 25
The 500 - Amazing as is
The 1000 - I love the DG Tiger here as a work horse chip but DG Peach works as well it is a preference
The 5000 - Gray is a nice color but a off white gives a better contrast to the chip. This will be a top value chip for a long time. Changed DG Tiger spot to a red spot as we have a DG Tiger chip.
The 25k - I feed like a red chip here is not getting the wow effect the 25k deserves, specially having similar edge spots as the 500. I tested light blue, and then used DG Green and DG Peach with it. There are multiple color options available for the top two chips.

View attachment 1389287
View attachment 1389288

Just some food for thought. But also what is the felt color you will play on? I always try to avoid having chips in the same color as my main felt.
IMG_2897.jpeg

I'd caution anybody thinking of using DG Saturn as a base. The clay is translucent and not yellow. It looks "funny" as a base because the edges seem to lighten as light penetrates them. I'd get a sample if you don't have one already.

I'd caution anybody thinking of using DG Saturn as a base. The clay is translucent and not yellow. It looks "funny" as a base because the edges seem to lighten as light penetrates them. I'd get a sample if you don't have one already.
I hear ya. I do have samples. That DG Saturn is the bounty chip. I think it looks like a radiation symbol. I kinda like that it looks funky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom