DiamondJacks Hot Stamp Value? (2 Viewers)

Marshall18

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I bought a 1000 chip set that was larger (and more expensive) than I originally planned, so I planned to sell the extra racks I didn’t need.

Would love the groups thought on a value for my T5 and T25’s

I know these were purchased in the chip room sale at $1.00 a chip but I would think that was well below what it would go for on the classified and I wound up playing $1.58 a chip for the full set.

I’m fairly new to this but it seems like bright colors usually bring a premium and so do red $5 chips but I know these are T5’s

Any thoughts on where the market would be for these?

Chips are in great condition. Very sharp edges and would think had only been felted a few times by the previous owner. There is some marbling on the T25’s but from what I’ve been able to learn it sounds like it’s not too uncommon for hot stamps and would get better with some oil.

IMG_9204.jpegIMG_9205.jpegIMG_9207.jpegIMG_9203.jpegIMG_9200.jpegIMG_9199.jpegIMG_9201.jpegIMG_9202.jpeg

You can try listing these in the auction section

I was initially wanting to keep the two racks of T5 and one rack of T25 I have together and see if someone who purchased the limit set might want these, so if I went that route I wanted to make sure I wasn’t too low or high.

But if I don’t go that route the auction might be a good idea

Probably about what you paid. A big set sold out of Europe not long ago at something like $1.40 or $1.45 a chip but with likely higher shipping. I wouldn’t be shocked if you got a little more for the bright greens and a little less for the reds, but that’s pure speculation.

It’s not exactly a sellers market these days - I’d say anybody selling today would be lucky to get what they paid, if they bought in the last few years.

Probably about what you paid. A big set sold out of Europe not long ago at something like $1.40 or $1.45 a chip but with likely higher shipping. I wouldn’t be shocked if you got a little more for the bright greens and a little less for the reds, but that’s pure speculation.

It’s not exactly a sellers market these days - I’d say anybody selling today would be lucky to get what they paid, if they bought in the last few years.

Appreciate the insight. I was also guessing on my limited experience that the green might be slightly north of $1.50, but didn’t see a lot of history or private sales other than the chip room sale which is an anomoly in terms of pricing.

And assumed the green would go for more than the whites and reds.

Not really. T25 are becoming the red-headed stepchild of tournament chips, since more and more people are starting T100 base sets. And not enough people are necessarily getting $25 chips into play in their cash games because they prefer literally mountains on $5 chips.

This double-sided pressure has made $25 denom chips lower and lower cost due to lesser demand.

yes that black friday sale .... i was able to dollar cost average a lot of my diamond jack chips ...... the 5s and 25 edge spot DJs for a buck a piece and the t25 for .50 each a bargain .... then you can buy new unpunched cards to match from hotus 777

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom