Edge spot progression (1 Viewer)

MoarChips

Pair
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen anything on here about this but how does everyone determine their edge spot patterns or edge spot progression on custom chips? What do you like to see or do?

There are no hard and fast rules (and I always say at the end of the day, its your money so if you like them, who cares about rules) but generally they tend to get more complex as the denomination goes higher.

Some also do a bell curve type progression where the chips at the lower/higher denominations have less complex spots than your workhorse chips. This is because you want to see the prettiest chips in use more often so makes more sense if they have more complex spots.

Some keep the spot patterns the same throughout. Some even go all solids!

Good luck with your journey!

Just follow your username mantra and you’ll be just fine I think :cool

I don’t think I’ve seen anything on here about this but how does everyone determine their edge spot patterns or edge spot progression on custom chips? What do you like to see or do?
There is definitely discussion on here to find. Do a search for spot progression and you should find some active threads.

Here is my work in progress for a custom CPC set. I like spots in 3s and 6s. I like some spot progression but I reserve the really complex patterns for the high denoms to keep costs reasonable on the workhorse chips.

dn_tf_csq_set1a.png

I don’t think that spot progression is always mandatory. I’ve seen really nice sets with and without and it just depends on how cohesive it looks together and I wouldn’t get too hung up on following strict formulas. Just make chips that make you happy and when you’re done drafting your set look at them individually and as a whole and tweak if necessary. You can tell that @TX_Golf_N_Poker put a lot of thought into his design above because you can just look at the set and instantly see that it works well together. I just built a cash set and tournament and will never admit out loud how much time I spent in the CPC design tool testing out concepts and how different color sets looked with different spot patterns, etc…

Get samples to see certain chip colors and spots in person, look at a lot of the beautiful sets on here and see what you like and don’t like and just go with your gut feeling on what works for you.

I would suggest taking your time and looking through as much of the sets and chips as you can.

I like to start with a base color and then add inserts.

1718232531575.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom