Fat Tire Cut Cards Are Here (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
The pictures speak for themselves. I ordered these from Alain of @PokerChipsDesign. I would recommend these to anyone, and find them to be a great value.

First impressions. Customer service was great. Alain was a pleasure to work with. As stated, the value/pricing is good. If I'm comparing these to other custom cut cards I've ordered, I'd consider these thinner. The cards are bent/warped very slightly, and I'm sure there's some way to fix this (leave them out in the sun on a hot summer day, etc...).

The other cut cards I'd ordered previously (from a different vendor) were thicker stock. At that time, I actually kinda wondered if I'd rather have them thinner. I think there's plusses and minuses to each. The thicker cards are sturdier, beefier, and feel like they'll last a lifetime. They were also more expensive.

Having thinner more flexible cards actually might be easier to play with. I'm not sure if they'll last a lifetime, but even with the slight curvature to the cards, I'd opt for the thinner cards. Especially given the pricing.

I will add that I played poker using these cut cards last night for 5 hours, and for most of that time I was the dedicated dealer. I noticed the curvature of the cut cards, but it never negatively affected the play or feel. I think the curvature is more an aesthetic thing.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! What do you say they're most comparable to (Bicycle, Copags, Modiano, etc.)?

Nice! What do you say they're most comparable to (Bicycle, Copags, Modiano, etc.)?

Can you clarify the question? Not sure I understand... They're not playing cards. They're cut cards, and are unlike any brand of cards in thickness or stiffness.

Nice.
Thinking a 3D printer for custom cut cards?

I know they are detailed... but I can't imagine one producing a usable cut card with any sort of detail. The custom cutcards now, use two laminated plates of plastic, and by etching away small layers to reveal the colors below, they can achieve multicolored designs. I think 3d printing is 1-color? am I right?

I also think the manner in which the 3d printers work, would not produce a very durable thin plastic card, compared to laminated sheets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom