First Design Feedback (1 Viewer)

silversoul

Sitting Out
Reaction score
So I've worked up a design in Illustrator for my first set of chips for the next group buy. Pretty happy how they look on screen. Had to rack my brain and search the forum to figure out the correct way to line up the edge spots but it was fairly easy once I go the hang of it. My inspiration was the Stones Gambling Hall chips. I saw a few videos on Youtube of some gameplay there and loved the vibrant colors. Let me know if you see anything that might be an issue in production. Thanks!
-Doyle
PokerChips.jpg

Try not to repeat any spot colours between adjacent chips. I know your spots aren't particularly wide, but I wouldn't risk it from a dirty stack point-of-view.
I thought about that once I was about halfway through creating these. I might actually change up the $5 chip to break it up.. I think it definitely helps that the main colors of each chip are so vividly different. Here's a shot from Stones..
maxresdefault.jpg

So I've worked up a design in Illustrator for my first set of chips for the next group buy. Pretty happy how they look on screen. Had to rack my brain and search the forum to figure out the correct way to line up the edge spots but it was fairly easy once I go the hang of it. My inspiration was the Stones Gambling Hall chips. I saw a few videos on Youtube of some gameplay there and loved the vibrant colors. Let me know if you see anything that might be an issue in production. Thanks!
-Doyle
View attachment 1340904
Love the color scheme, I’m a big fan of the vibrant colors as well!

I may change up the spots to these designs just so there's no potential for dirty stacks.. Anyone know what the label size is for the Cards Mold? Is it 24mm like the Greek/Web?
PC.jpg

I may change up the spots to these designs just so there's no potential for dirty stacks.. Anyone know what the label size is for the Cards Mold? Is it 24mm like the Greek/Web?
View attachment 1342144
Cards molds don’t have labels. Entire design is printed on the ceramic blank. Greek/web are by far superior in every way imo

I think even just modifying one chip might help, and think the largest issue may be between your 1 and 5 given 100% common colors.

Toying around with colors a little bit..
1718037141479.png

1718037625738.png

What I'd do:
1718037522430.png

Edit, could also darken the edge-spots some to create a bit of additional contrast help:
1718037835787.png

Last edited:
And to add... to articulate why I think 1/5 need to be separated more.. if you take your edges and don't perfectly align chips.. here's what it may look like:
1718038127188.png

Which clearly becomes a red vs blue issue IMO.

Changing just the red chip one spot to white (or alt color) will help greatly:
1718038315414.png

And then with darkening of spot colors on non-main chip:
1718038284542.png

And to add... to articulate why I think 1/5 need to be separated more.. if you take your edges and don't perfectly align chips.. here's what it may look like:
View attachment 1342181

Which clearly becomes a red vs blue issue IMO.

Changing just the red chip one spot to white (or alt color) will help greatly:
View attachment 1342184

And then with darkening of spot colors on non-main chip:
View attachment 1342183
Great ideas. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Cards molds don’t have labels. Entire design is printed on the ceramic blank. Greek/web are by far superior in every way imo
Right, I worded that wrong. I guess what I wanted to know is this measurement.. I couldn't find it anywhere in the forum.
Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 1.38.14 PM.png

Perfect. That's what I have it at now.
Yeah, to be clear that dimension provides some excess. here's an example of chips with a 25mm inlay provided. 25 should really be the max/target if trying to fill, and will still have a slight border before the ring, but 24 is great.

1718044141226.png

Last edited:
Not sure if you've handled samples of the cards mold vs. the greek/web hybrids, but for the price, the greek/web are miles ahead in feel and the quality of the printing. With your art, the thin lines can fill in a bit on the cards mold, but will print beautifully on a label.
With only 6 cents-per-chip difference (plus a $80 label fee), I think the greek or web hybrids should be seriously considered.

Not sure if you've handled samples of the cards mold vs. the greek/web hybrids, but for the price, the greek/web are miles ahead in feel and the quality of the printing. With your art, the thin lines can fill in a bit on the cards mold, but will print beautifully on a label.
With only 6 cents-per-chip difference (plus a $80 label fee), I think the greek or web hybrids should be seriously considered.

These would look so good too...

1718051426636.png

Last edited:
I'm generally not a fussy busy mold kinda person, the THC has always looked SO good, because there aren't so many crammed around the chip. And normally, I'd gravitate to the "cards molds", but in this case, that web mold is fire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom