Garage lighting for poker nights? (1 Viewer)

pipdenny

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going through some home renovations and want to do a few things to the garage while I’m at it.
I plan to use the garage as a garage (park a car, oil changes, diy stuff, etc) but also want to use it for my home game nights.
I’m hoping to get some insight regarding lighting. I want to be able to flood the garage with a ton of light when needed for projects, like a workshop, but I also want to be able to have a warmer feel for poker nights.
Maybe two sets of shop lights on two separate switches? One being super bright and the other maybe dimmable and a warmer temperature? What temp should I go for?

I have a good opportunity here to build it out how I’d like, and I want to do it right, but I also don’t know what I’m doing.

Thanks!

These lights have three settings, one warmer, white bright and one super bright. I have them in my basement and they work well.

https://www.amazon.com/Ceiling-Fixture-Dimmable-3000K-4500K-6000K-Selectable/dp/B0B8DNF42Q

You'd have to take them off the mount to flip the switch, tho.
Nice! I was just looking at these.
https://a.co/d/3Y05eQr

Similar, but different shape and not flush-mount. Kind of a drag to have to switch the color though. That’s why I was thinking of have 2 sets on separate switches.

Old guys appreciate bright lights (at least on the tables). Maybe you can wire two separate courses of lights, and only turn on half during games and both when working in the garage.

When our group plays in @Bfow0804's garage, he has all kinds of different lights. He has his regular garage lights that he uses most of the time for non poker related things. And he had different led strip lights to create different color effects around the room. But over the poker tables he has some hanging lights that he can raise up when he is not playing poker. They provide a ton of great lighting for the tables.

20230916_202508.jpg

This is superb; strong but not intrusive.
Problem is I don't know where you can find it in North America
table_IMG_0403.jpg

When our group plays in @Bfow0804's garage, he has all kinds of different lights. He has his regular garage lights that he uses most of the time for non poker related things. And he had different led strip lights to create different color effects around the room. But over the poker tables he has some hanging lights that he can raise up when he is not playing poker. They provide a ton of great lighting for the tables.

View attachment 1327137
Wow, this looks like a great setup! Even have a projector to display the blinds for everyone to see. Very cool!

Wow, this looks like a great setup! Even have a projector to display the blinds for everyone to see. Very cool!
I would love to take credit but this is @Bfow0804's awesome setup. He knows how to deck out a garage with cool lighting and a ton of TV's. I think he even added more TV's since these pics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom