Not Mine Gasser Chairs (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
gasser.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ballroom-Chairs-/141686546984

Lightly used Gasser chairs. Are they worth $60 ea? (acceptable offer price)

She'll take $60 ea ;) Shipping is incorrect. Must be picked up. $60 good?

She'll take $60 ea ;) Shipping is incorrect. Must be picked up. $60 good?

Boo. :(

60 is a fine price if they're really Gassers. I'd pay it in a second if they were local enough to me that I could make multiple trips in my van. But, these would match my room pretty well also. If I were renting a truck or something I might need a little better deal, but that only applies to me, not you... ;)

I would ask for a picture of the tag (usually on the bottom of the seat ) to confirm its a gasser and get the model number, but I would say yes they are worth it. Not an awesome price but you rarely see used gassers come up in this condition and in a fairly neutral color. I think I picked up mine for like $25 a pop but they were well used, these here look pristine.

She is 70 mins from me according to Google Maps. I ended up not getting those other chairs. I may accept her counter offer then. I just wanted to make sure they are worth the price. I know my new MLP seating flex back chairs were $180 ish each.

And just to add - you don't necessarily feel a big difference in a gasser chair right away - you feel it 5 hours into a session...

Last edited:
2016-02-19_18-27-16.jpg

Just bought 20 Gassers at $60ea after the seller confirmed the condition. I tried $50 and $55, but no deal.
Now...how do I sneak 20 chairs into the house. :sneaky:

Nice looking chairs. I had a set before they were destroyed in a military move overseas and they were awesome.

Decided to make the 70 min drive to pick up the chairs this morning. They were in very good condition but they must have been stacked for years as the seat cushion were crushed. I unstacked some and waited a while to see if the cushions would go back to normal but they didn't. The chairs in the front were the best ones. The others were really crushed. I ended up not getting them.

20160227_090330.jpg
20160227_090344.jpg

bummer. note to self: don't stack chairs too long....

Well given that the chairs seem to be 25 years old (note the '91 date stamped on the bottom) a little crushed foam is probably to be expected. I wonder if you let them sit for a week or so whether the foam would have bounce back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom