Gorilla Gaming Tables (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I've went through the process of building my own custom full size table and while a long difficult process it was very rewarding. However, now that it's been completed I'm still in need of 2 more tables for my poker room. Because of the dimensions of the room it would be more space saving to do a round/octagon table or one of the pub tables on Gorilla Gaming. I have a barrington table and it's ok for a portable table but not exactly "quality" like my main table. I know I could probably build them for cheaper, but I don't know that I have the time or the energy to do it for 2 more tables. My mind might change on that once I get to ordering but either way I have some questions about some things that hopefully some of you that have ordered from Gorilla gaming might be able to answer.

#1 - Felt. What is the difference in felts? My barrington has SSC on it, my homemade large custom table has a Chanman custom gaming suede on it, and my other more portable table has an older Chanman custom gaming suede on it. I mention that it's older because its distinctly different than the newer Chanman suede and I like the newer one much better, its much faster and smoother, the older one is smooth but the cards move much slower across it. Either way, using those 3 as a guide can someone give me an idea of what the difference is Gorillas custom felts.

#2 - Rail Vinyl. What is the difference between the regular vinyl and the premium vinyl.

#3 - Cup Holders. I've seen several people on here with the pub table that have the swing out cup holders and I can't seem to find where that is an option. Can someone tell me how and if I can still get those and what the price increase or difference is between those and the in rail cup holders.

#4 - Legs. The round table only seems to have the metal single pedestal as an option. Are there other pedestal options and does anyone have a 60" round with the metal pedestal and if so how sturdy is it? Does it have wobble or feel unsteady with a beefy person leaning on the edge?

Anyway. I'm leaning pub table right now because of the price difference, I like round tables more, but to order 2 of them, the price difference is right at a grand and I don't know if a grand is worth it to have 2 rounds instead of 2 pub tables. I welcome any input. Thanks!

I don’t think you can get the sliding cup holders on the pub table.

Did you also look at the triton tables?
I have and I just can't get past the look of them. I really don't like that jointed look. That's precisely why I don't really like my Barrington as a permanent fixture in my poker room. I'll be honest if I liked that look I'd probably get one of Tony's "chunky" tables. That and I think they're more expensive honestly. I can get 2 pub tables shipped to my door for 2700. Maybe I haven't priced them recently but the triton tables were more expensive last I checked.

I don’t think I can answer your questions because I have one single pub table with ssc and cupholders in the rail.
But I’ll tell you the ssc is top notch, it’s not the cheap crap.
I have the regular vinyl and it’s fine. Zero complaint after a couple of years. It certainly doesn’t feel luxurious; it feels like a vinyl rail.

I went with the cheap legs, not the gorilla legs, because I didn’t think a table of that size needed heavy duty legs. They’re fine.

And as far as pub vs circle, I have the standard size pub - it’s either 66 inches or 68? It feels damn close to playing on a circle. The width helps achieve that effect. I never have any of the annoyances that creep in when you’re playing on a long oval.

But wait. This is worth mentioning. The leg situation is something less than perfect when it comes to foot space. Because the table is so short, the legs end up close to the end of the table, so they kind of slightly encroach on the foot space of the guys sitting on each end. And as with any legged table, they also interfere with the foot space of guys sitting on the side/corner where the legs are. When I first got the table, people mentioned it the first time they sat down. It’s not a big deal; your feet find their space. It’s not like people are complaining or struggling to get comfortable throughout the session. I’d buy the same table again in a heartbeat.

But it’s worth mentioning because if you don’t mind paying extra for a pedestal and don’t mind that you can’t fold it up and take it with you (not that I ever would anyway because the table is heavy AF) a pedestal might be a consideration. You should give them a call and see if they can do a pedestal on a pub table if that’s something that interests you. When you get them on the phone they’re very friendly and helpful.

Have you messaged them on social media? They're pretty flexible with what they can do for you if you want something done that isn't necessarily an option for that exact table.
I have sent them an email but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I have sent them an email but haven't gotten a reply yet.
I’ve read accounts if them being slow to respond to emails or whatever. All I can tell you is that when I called them on the phone, they answered, we talked, then they sent me an invoice.

I’ve read accounts if them being slow to respond to emails or whatever. All I can tell you is that when I called them on the phone, they answered, we talked, then they sent me an invoice.
I'm sure I'll call tomorrow I just sent the message to them this evening and didn't figure their phones were still open.

They replied and it's going to be too expensive to add the swing out cup holders but that's not a deal breaker for me at all was just curious about that. Still hoping to have some possible comparisons on the stuff I had questions about.

Does anyone know if the slide under cup holders will fit under the rail of gorilla pub tables? Also considering a pub table

They replied and it's going to be too expensive to add the swing out cup holders but that's not a deal breaker for me at all was just curious about that. Still hoping to have some possible comparisons on the stuff I had questions about.

You might be able to find some third party cupholders that mount under the tabletop.

(The Gorilla ones are really pretty simple—a ring of diecut metal which fits a drop-in cup, and a screw-in swivel piece. The nice part about the design is that the cup is removable so if it’s in the way a player can just pull it out and swivel the ring underneath. There must be something similar out there.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom