Not open for further replies.

iLogik

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
$140 shipped
400 set + Dealer button + extras + choice of 2 decks (Paulsons)

100- 25
100 - 100 (2 missing, replaced with 2 other black chips)
69 - 500
69 - 1k
34 - 5k
14 - 25k
14- Bounty

IMG_8162.jpeg
IMG_8164.jpeg
IMG_8163.jpeg

Last edited:
They are Chinese ceramic (plastic)
I think the correct and accepted vernacular is China Clay. An off the cuff reference to them as “plastic” is vaguely inaccurate, seemingly authority laden, and potentially nonexperiential.

Tina makes some solid chips. Particularly the new molds.

I think the correct and accepted vernacular is China Clay. An off the cuff reference to them as “plastic” is vaguely inaccurate, seemingly authority laden, and potentially nonexperiential.

Tina makes some solid chips. Particularly the new molds.
I have recently played with some empire chips from Apache Poker chips at a home game. They are great chips and was very impressed with them. So impressed I put a small sample order in with Justin the other day. That however - does not make them not plastic. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the chips you are selling are not china clays. An example of china clays would be the pharaoh set from Apache poker.

I think the correct and accepted vernacular is China Clay.
I don't think this is accurate, I think of Chins clays as Pharaoh's, Milano's, Majestic's, etc.
Tina's chips are more in line with ceramics, and are different in feel and sound from what we have generally considered china clay.

I have recently played with some empire chips from Apache Poker chips at a home game. They are great chips and was very impressed with them. So impressed I put a small sample order in with Justin the other day. That however - does not make them not plastic. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the chips you are selling are not china clays. An example of china clays would be the pharaoh set from Apache poker.
So the Tina chips start out as a ceramic blank. The chip graphics are printed on to the blank. Then a sticker is added for the inlay. That’s why they call them hybrids. Most ceramics have the inlays printed on as well.

I have both the Greek mold and web mold chips. Both are fantastic. However, web mold is my favorite.

I don't think this is accurate, I think of Chins clays as Pharaoh's, Milano's, Majestic's, etc.
Tina's chips are more in line with ceramics, and are different in feel and sound from what we have generally considered china clay.
I would agree with you in theory; Tina’s being more in line with ceramics. I just can’t sit back and let them be referred to as plastics.

I would agree with you in theory; Tina’s being more in line with ceramics. I just can’t sit back and let them be referred to as plastics.
True...I think "China ceramics" is probably the more appropriate term. Clays and plastics are nothing like these.

True...I think "China ceramics" is probably the more appropriate term. Clays and plastics are nothing like these.
I understand why just calling them plastic would be a little irritating. However, what I said was "They are Chinese ceramic (plastic)" I was by no means trying to talk down on @iLogik chip set. I know they are great chips since I recently got to play with them. I was simply stating what they are literally made out of. I know it's obvious to most members that ceramic chips are not really ceramic. However, to someone new it may not be that obvious.

I understand why just calling them plastic would be a little irritating. However, what I said was "They are Chinese ceramic (plastic)" I was by no means trying to talk down on @iLogik chip set. I know they are great chips since I recently got to play with them. I was simply stating what they are literally made out of. I know it's obvious to most members that ceramic chips are not really ceramic. However, to someone new it may not be that obvious.
I get it, and I certainly wasn't irritated by it...and I didnt read it anything other than the way you meant it.

The chips are 'ceramic' hybrid web molds, made in China.

This techically makes them Chinese ceramics (although that descriptor doesn't tell the entire story, as plain ceramic chips have neither debossed mold markings or a laminated label, regardless of origin).

They are also a type of 'plastic', more specifically a nylon polymer blend. But that descriptor really doesn't really tell the whole story, either.

I’ll give the buyer an option of buying a Barrington table topper if they want one.

Attachments

• IMG_8090.jpeg
    IMG_8090.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom