Cash Game H.O.R.S.E. has Arrived at The Godfather Club (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
Good Sunday morning PCF!

Plenty going on at The Godfather Club.

Several weeks ago, and after several several weeks of consideration and deliberation we decided to start spreading mixed game sessions.

This chapter of my weekly NLHE game is coming up on its 2 year anniversary. We have and a solid core of regulars and another 10 to 15 players we can look to for filling seats. The game is strong.

On a random Saturday recently I tabled 7 hands for a Mixed Game. The first night we ran Omaha, Seven Card Stud, Pineapple, and Limit Homd’em. It was a big hit. For the second session we decided to switch it up a little and spread Omaha, Seven Card Stud, Limit Hold’em, and Five Card Stud. Much talk took place in the afterglow, The Director’s Cut, about the “menu” for our next gathering.

The decision came down this morning from the Offerings Commitee and it has been decreed that moving forward during these highly revered new sessions we’ll be playing HORSE. It’s a bracelet event, we’re familiar with all of the games and it gives us a chance to focus on gameplay and not about explaining a new game and running dummy hands. Ironically enough, one wall at The Club has a horse theme and we often play, love, and treasure our HHR chips.

I recently picked up a lot of about 1700 two denomination old school ceramic chips from a member for about .10 each and boom, instant limit set.

Also noteworthy is that our floating straddle (Rock Straddle) will be buried this summer in favor of a slight increase in the stakes. The Rock served its purpose; inspiring action and getting the game ready for the increase in the blinds. Sometime in 2025 The Rock Straddle will reappear at the new stakes in order to ready the game for an increase in stakes the following year. The Succession Planning and Futuristics Committees are in charge of these initiatives.

New cloth coming in this summer from @T_Chan - great cloth, great design, and a reasonable price - check him out, with a custom logo based on work done by @TheOffalo and we’ll be all set for the Fall/Winter season.

The Binion’s Tribute, 43mm on the web mold from @justincarothers and we’ll have another crossover cash/STT set at the ready. New members are advised to start their chipping journeys with a trip down Group Buy Lane. Justin also has the best racks money can buy and a is a great place for samples and card setups.

Oh, and we frequently play the ponies at Mighty Horse Meadows here at TGC. It will be an every session occurrence on HORSE Night. Makes sense right?

Just a quick update because it’s too dewy to mow.

Run good friends.

Ken (merkong)
Owner/Operator/Founder:
*The Godfather Club MN (The Venue)
*The Executive Game, (The Current Game)
*The Wild HORSE (Special Event Offering)
*Frogtown Card Club, St. Paul (Retired Venue)
*The Poker Family (Our Philosophy)

Mighty Horse Meadows
image.jpg

The East Wall Stable
image.jpg

“Pie-Oh-My” courtesy of @NickyT
image.jpg

Some of our HHR’s acquired from @David Spragg
image.jpg

Artwork by @TheOffalo
IMG_4716.jpeg

Last edited:
Four game mixed session; Hold’em (NL), Omaha (Hi/Lo), Razz, Stud Eight or better. We play 30 minute rounds of each game we are playing during mixed sessions. Everything is limit aside from the Hold’em which we’ll play no limit with a dead straddle.

Gambling. Am I right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom