Hard to find players for home game..... (2 Viewers)

LavaDawg9094

Waiting List
Reaction score
Finding it hard during the summer and early fall to find players for a home game - especially when I am trying to pick from people I know and avoid strangers. Might have to open it up a little to see if I can get a few more people interested. Anyone else struggle with this and did you open it up a little and how successful was it?

I ask my trusted friends, to bring a friend. I mostly do just 1 'stranger' per game and when all goes great & he comes multiple times. I ask if he wants to be added to our group

I ask my trusted friends, to bring a friend. I mostly do just 1 'stranger' per game and when all goes great & he comes multiple times. I ask if he wants to be added to our group
Friends of friends is key. If a host is lucky, their interested friends will be invested enough to make just as far-reaching efforts to find players as the host did.

You’ll go thru bumps. While you’re focusing on “plus ones”, don’t lose focus on the players you have. Think about spreading food of some sort; chips, candy and beverages. You can advance it to food food later.

Play at the level and types of games your present regulars will attend.

Do cash games which can play down as low as 5 or 6 hands and don’t be afraid, profess that these smaller tables are better poker. Cash games remove the need for larger tables.

Keep your stakes low if you’re able because it is not prohibitive to new players both to your game and maybe poker in general.

Tell your regulars that they are part of the recruiting process. Bringing in players and making auditions feel welcome.

Profess a “this is our game” mentality. Create an entity out of your game. An alternate universe where attendees can come and feel at home.

It’ll all be in my upcoming e-book, “So You Want to be a Home Poker Host.”

Ken (merkong) 500+ Sessions Spread
Owner/Operator/Founder:
*The Godfather Club MN (The Venue)
*The Executive Game, (The Current Game)
*Frogtown Card Club, St. Paul (Retired Venue)
*The Poker Family (Our Philosophy)
IMG_7127.jpeg
IMG_7130.jpeg
IMG_7131.jpeg
IMG_7132.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom