Headed to New Zeeland and Australia November (7 Viewers)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a trip to New Zeeland and Australia. The New Zeeland portion will be a coastal cruise. The Australia portion would be in Syndey.

I am looking for some suggestions about things to be sure to see / do. The cruise portion has a lot of excursions to choose between. The stay in Sydney is unstructured - staying near the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

I suspect a night of cards isn't prudent on this sort of trip unless it is on-board the Cruise.

Will any of the locals or world travelers offer up their ideas? -=- DrStrange

It's spelled New Zealand...

Given a choice, I would spend more time exploring NZ, but from a cruise ship, your options are somewhat limited. A side trip to Rotorua would be interesting if available.

Australia is huge, with a lot of distance between cities. Bondi Beach, Sydney Harbour are great local sites. The road south of Sydney is very scenic if you get a chance to drive.

We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary with a trip to New Zeeland and Australia. The New Zeeland portion will be a coastal cruise. The Australia portion would be in Syndey.

I am looking for some suggestions about things to be sure to see / do. The cruise portion has a lot of excursions to choose between. The stay in Sydney is unstructured - staying near the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

I suspect a night of cards isn't prudent on this sort of trip unless it is on-board the Cruise.

Will any of the locals or world travelers offer up their ideas? -=- DrStrange

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

When you say the NZ portion is a coastal cruise, is there no stopovers in NZ?

The cardroom in Sydney is actually pretty good, but it's a good 30 minute walk from the harbour. In terms of what to do in Sydney itself, when I visited with family we went to Taronga zoo.

The rocks is a nice spot for a few drinks and food. The other option is a ferry over to manly or Bondi I think it is? From memory anyway

Oh and the view on the way in and out on the cruise is amazing. Be sure to get up on deck for that

He said:

So I think they'll be docking at one or more ports?

Just like my hand reading, normal reading is obviously not my strong suit!

Let me know what ports you’re docking at @DrStrange and I can throw up some ideas. I’m guessing the main ports like Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and then the South Island?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom