Hello from South Australia (Help) (1 Viewer)

Wellzy

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi all, while about to pull the trigger on my first set of poker chips ($200 AUD, 500 set of monte carlos, custom denoms from JacksPoker) I came across this forum and found myself looking through the classifieds as well as custom chip threads. Wishing I didn't because now I can't make my mind up on what to do, especially after seeing all the custom Tina chips and how good they look.
Some quick info - host occasional 8 person STT, probably looking at getting a T100 set with option to do more than 8 people if that happens, budget probably like $300 AUD but potentially could stretch that, I have a sample set of monte carlos and like the feel of them but have nothing to compare them with.

Any advice would be great, and happy to answer questions.
Even better if anyone from Australia has any Tina samples Id love to get my hands on some.

Welcome! I started with Monte Carlos and we all really enjoyed them. Then the world wide web threw this little corner of hell at me. Now...

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Summoned! Bows in honour.
Radelaide is my home town. Miss it.

Sympathise with you. Not easy (on wallet) to get samples on our island. But that's what is best to do.

You don't NEED more than the chips you have. Hell, I went 18 years of hosting with plastic slugged chips. But... if you want to be a connoisseur this is the place. Read lots over many months. Your prefs will mature. You will get better prices through these fanatics than any where else but the wallet will feel it still.

Last edited:
You want help? Delete your account and enjoy your chips, they're 10x better than what most of the world plays poker with, be proud of your home game!

But if you stay, that budget will grow, it always does, horrible cycle.
They need to create a warning for the first time you click on on PCF for that very reason haha

Welcome! I started with Monte Carlos and we all really enjoyed them. Then the world wide web threw this little corner of hell at me. Now...

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF
What was the end result?

Summoned! Bows in honour.
Radelaide is my home town. Miss it.

Sympathise with you. Not easy (on wallet) to get samples on our island. But that's what is best to do.

You don't NEED more than the chips you have. Hell, I went 18 years of hosting with plastic slugged chips. But... if you want to be a connoisseur this is the place. Read lots over many months. Your prefs will mature. You will get better prices through these fanatics than any where else but the wallet will feel it still.
Adelaide is a great city, I love it! Do you happen to have any knowledge on the costs of getting Tina chips to Aus?

Adelaide is a great city, I love it! Do you happen to have any knowledge on the costs of getting Tina chips to Aus?
Limited. Most likely will be sent from a US based PCFer, therefore postage for handful of chips likely A$35-40.
I won a set of Tina samples in a giveaway but looks like they were never sent to me.

Limited. Most likely will be sent from a US based PCFer, therefore postage for handful of chips likely A$35-40.
I won a set of Tina samples in a giveaway but looks like they were never sent to me.
thats a lot for something that can be shipped in an envelope!
Any chance there’s like an Australian poker forum or discord chat or anything like that?

Hi. Welcome to PCF. Best to delete your account now and enjoy the Monte Carlos
If not then enjoy the rabbit hole of poker chips.

You can go direct to Tina if you really want. Shipping is crazy expensive but can be quick via DHL. I will DM you the details.

I can send you some free samples of Tina chips if you want, just pay shipping, PM me if interested.

Welcome! I have Monte Carlo chips for my tournament set. I have only used Walmart slugs until them. They are way better and everyone who played in the tournament with them (non of them know about the greatness that is PCF) all loved the chips and the fact that they had denoms. That being said i have an order in for Tina's rn for a cash set so...

Hey wellzy

welcome to the forum

sorry i don't have any Tina chips i can send you sadly.

When buying from the US check the exchange rate. it hurts a lot.

Cheers

Geoff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom