Help Choosing Chips in Canada. (2 Viewers)

Please choose your Reponse

• 01. The Cash Club

• 02. Monte Carlo

• 03. Poker Nights

Results are only viewable after voting.

DesiBoyz

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello PCF Family,
i would like to get your help on choosing my poker set.
i have designed a very simple label with the initials on black background and i need about 1500-2000 chips to get my own custom set with every denomination possible including cash set.
i'm in Canada so i don't have much options here, upon googling i can only find two major store and I'm going with the one which is local to me.

they are all plastic chips with metal slugs in it, because clay is out of the budget right now and most importantly I didn't like the design on them.(i'm uploading the clay pictures as well but they are double the price which rougly comes upto $800 extra)
i would prefer the Tina Hybrid ceramics from @justincarothers with the card mold group buy but (1) i need it asap and secondly getting it shipped to Canada will be expensive with shipping charges and custom charges and (2) don't want to take chances bringing it personally with CBSA because i read here on PCF that depending on the agent they can take it as a currency and i don't like to write NCV on the chips..

So I'm stuck with cheap options for now until i get my Ceramics designed from BR Pro Poker next year (which i don't mind paying duties, because thats my dream set for now).

Here are the few options i have... Please use poll to answer and if you could write any concerns/suggestion that will be appreciated.
Thank you so much for all the help, always.

i'm attaching all the images to help with the poll. i would need 9 colors/denominations.
01 Cash club is also known as tri-stripes
02 Monte Carlo has crowns on the edges
03 Poker Knights has sword and spade mold.

Attachments

• 01 .png
    01 .png
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • 02.png
    02.png
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • 03.png
    03.png
    904.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Clay chips.png
    Clay chips.png
    757.8 KB · Views: 80
I agree, poker nights does seem like the best option right now.

Im curious to know why you want all of the denominations and also 2000 chips in a set. Some denoms seem to be redundant and you don’t really need them to run an efficient game.

Also the chips you pictures as “clay” are china clay (plastic). There’s a big difference in the two.

I agree, poker nights does seem like the best option right now.

Im curious to know why you want all of the denominations and also 2000 chips in a set. Some denoms seem to be redundant and you don’t really need them to run an efficient game.
Basically i want 6 denominations(25,100,500,1000,5000,25000) for tournament set (1300-1400pcs) because i host once a year charity tournament with over 20 people and 3 denominations for cash set(600 pcs) (25c,$1,$5).

Anything you buy from a store based in Canada is going to be crap. No exceptions.

The only chips of any real value or quality can only be gotten from a Canadian PCF member.

I suggest you revisit your denoms and breakdowns. A 30-person T25 based tournament cam be done with about 1000 chips and without any T25000 denom (just 25/100/500/1000/5000). A cash set for 1 full table of 10 is usually 600 chips.

Anything you buy from a store based in Canada is going to be crap. No exceptions.

That being said, if you cannot get help from a Canadian PCF member, and want a very cheap interim option, a member here has recommended these multiple times:

https://www.straightpokersupplies.com/poker-chips-sets/prestige-poker-12g-chips-and-sets.html

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/what-have-i-done-monopoly-edition.72538/#post-1510404

Not sure if they can be relabeled, but I wouldn't waste my time with an interim set.

The only chips of any real value or quality can only be gotten from a Canadian PCF member.

I suggest you revisit your denoms and breakdowns. A 30-person T25 based tournament cam be done with about 1000 chips and without any T25000 denom (just 25/100/500/1000/5000). A cash set for 1 full table of 10 is usually 600 chips.
I completely agree with you, thats why i don't want to go with china clay spend too much. these one seems ok-ok and also they are not the cheapest option.
Hopefully soon will be able to get the Custom Ceramics.

yes basically the same thing.. i'm only adding 25 chips of 25K.. i'm just getting extra chips of 25,100,500.. because on my charity event those who don't know how to play poker.. play blackjack and roulette (use these chips to buy plain colored super-diamond chips)
for the breakdown i'm going with Chris Manzoni's structure.

That being said, if you cannot get help from a Canadian PCF member, and want a very cheap interim option, a member here has recommended these multiple times:

https://www.straightpokersupplies.com/poker-chips-sets/prestige-poker-12g-chips-and-sets.html

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/what-have-i-done-monopoly-edition.72538/#post-1510404

Not sure if they can be relabeled, but I wouldn't waste my time with an interim set.
these are cheaper than the one i want
and for 2K chips ..i'll be saving like 100-150 max.. and i'm spending like 300 on custom labels...
if i'm only saving like 15% and i have an option of going cheapest or Mid-range.. i would prefer mid-range.

My buddy has some that look and feel just like the poker nights. They're pretty solid for a bargain chip. Colors and mold are nice. In my book they best type for an intro chip. Then you will move up to Tina's (no molds for me) and eventually paulsons.

doesn't this look like the crazy horse set picture i posted, it doesn't matter it says milano or crazy horse since i'll be taking them off and using my own labels

If you are going to relabeled I suggest looking up ceramic custom chips online here.
- the edges are yours total custom
- the cost of custom labels/chip vs the cost of ceramic customs being roughly equal.
- no one else will have your chips so you have a secure $ game ragarding people bringing in chips.

Lastly I believe the Prestige line are very nice if going commercial. I have a set for board games, kids, travel and whatever for inexpensive use.

20220601_094411 (1).jpg
20220601_094421.jpg20220601_094434 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thank You PCF Family.
ended up choosing POKER KNIGHTS for Tournament SET
and Tri-Stripes/12-Stripes for Cash SET.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom