Help identifying chips (1 Viewer)

Matco

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hello, got a couple pictures from a buddy that picked these up at a garage sale and has no clue what they are. I haven't held the chips in my hand just yet but he says they are heavy and from the pictures appear to be clay. No denoms, only the SMB stamp front and back, 100 brown, 50 each of the tan and yellow. Looks to be TRK small crown? Any info would be great!

Image-1.jpg

Image-1 (1).jpg

I believe these were the personal chips used by the Steve Miller Band.
@k9dr

I think these would have to be milled to make them attractive to a set builder, or possibly over stamped with a starburst or something. Either of those processes will cost you about $.80-1.00 a chip, plus design work and labels/stamps, probably another $40 per rack.

A nicely finished trk scrown is probably around $4-6, so if you are wondering about value you can use those numbers to guesstimate.

@k9dr

I think these would have to be milled to make them attractive to a set builder, or possibly over stamped with a starburst or something. Either of those processes will cost you about $.80-1.00 a chip, plus design work and labels/stamps, probably another $40 per rack.

A nicely finished trk scrown is probably around $4-6, so if you are wondering about value you can use those numbers to guesstimate.
That was going to be my next question, any idea on what they would be worth... If they are steve miller band chips he will most likely keep them as he is a huge rock fan.

If you want to buy or sell these it’s probably about $400 total and that might be a stretch. As far as them being Steve miller band chips, that wouldn’t really change the price unless someone is a SMB fan.

Ummmm....maybe you want to leave now before you really get scammed....
I'm not going to purchase them, he found them at a garage sale and showed me and asked if I knew what they were. All I told him was they looked like TRK's but I would post them here to see if I could help him find out more about them. Not sure what he paid for them but I will ask

I'm not going to purchase them, he found them at a garage sale and showed me and asked if I knew what they were. All I told him was they looked like TRK's but I would post them here to see if I could help him find out more about them. Not sure what he paid for them but I will ask

I meant the Steve Miller Band reference, that was clearly a joke....

If you want to buy or sell these it’s probably about $400 total and that might be a stretch. As far as them being Steve miller band chips, that wouldn’t really change the price unless someone is a SMB fan.
I'm still green to the poker chip world so the steve miller band thing might have just been sarcasm but hey you never know. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom