Help in Paulson gold in CMYK ? (1 Viewer)

DerFabo

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi!
I am designing a Bellagio tribute ceramic set for @MrMuffin.
I know that metallic paulson colors can not be converted into printable CMYK, but i can't find any color that matches the Paulson gold for the $1 well enough.
I got a sheet that transferes every Paulson color into RGB, CMYK and so on, but the color Adobe spits out is far of.

Does anyone have a suggestion which color to use?
Thanks in advance!

Edit:
IMG-20240621-WA0000.jpg

I’ve designed a gold glitter edge for printing on a Tina Plaque. It’s the same process…a CMYK raster image, that prints directly to a ceramic base:
IMG_5312.jpeg

You could maybe try a fine gold glitter image in that spot:
IMG_5915.jpeg

Clearly the metallic nature of Met Gold can’t be replicated in this context, but the hue and value can be simulated without the glint. I might make it slightly brighter to compensate for that.

P.S. I don’t know if these are Tina’s, but maybe you could convince whoever is making them to use a light sprinkle pattern over the base color? Hard to know if that would help or make it look cheesy without seeing the result, tho.

Clearly the metallic nature of Met Gold can’t be replicated in this context, but the hue and value can be simulated without the glint. I might make it slightly brighter to compensate for that.

P.S. I don’t know if these are Tina’s, but maybe you could convince whoever is making them to use a light sprinkle pattern over the base color? Hard to know if that would help or make it look cheesy without seeing the result, tho.

My solution was a light brownish green that worked good when printed with my inkjet.

Crossing Fingers for the result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom