Help with transaction (EU seller, US buyer) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey folks,

this is sort of a joint post from @MitchCumstein and myself.

We agreed on terms for the purchase of my EPT set, currently listed in the classifieds. I wanted to ask if there are any EU sellers that recently shipped chips into the US and can give me some advice regarding customs. A few questions:

1) Online I found out that some items are prohibited from entering the US. "Counterfeited" goods are listed as well. So naturally, my first question is, would the ceramics I have listed be regarded as counterfeited products?

2) If not, how would I declare them in customs form CN23? I've heard from parcels being sent back due to the lack of detail when describing the goods.

3) What value do I assign to each chip? I could simply put 0,15c, which would leave the overall value of the goods below 100$, which would be free from any fees, however in reality the chips are a bit more expensive, you could check justins group buys to know that.

4) A question from @MitchCumstein is, how the customs fee is usually paid. Is the freight forwarder paying the fee and billing him after he received the goods?

I hope that we can get some input, happy for any feedback!

Cheers,
@MitchCumstein & @CallingStation614

Just list them as "set of toy game tokens" and show a value for the single 'set' (not per chip). Unlikely that any customs fees will get added if shipped to an address in the USA.

If you ship from Germany to the US, there won’t be any fees/custons for the recipient.
I always used the CN22 (used this form to Switzerland recently, USA might be CN32?!) form, which was automatically added, when I purchased the label.
You may declare them as „toy game tokens“ and as origin „USA“.
I think, if you ship like 300 chips for 300$ you have to clarify, that there are 300 x 1 chips of $1, each. That’s what I always do.

Sometimes the buyer ask to lower the declared price to lower the risk of theft, but that’s something between you, the buyer and probably not desired by customs.

Last edited:
Just note that if you get insurance to cover accidental loss during shipping you can’t value the chips less than the insurance value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom