How to avoid PayPal Fee of &9-$10 for even a small transaction? (2 Viewers)

dylanthepiguy2

Sitting Out
Reaction score
PayPal charges a fee for currency conversion, (NZD to USD) but then on top of that I get charged a $9-$10 fee even for a small transaction. Using PayPal to buy chips to send to someone to collect in the US (who will later ship to NZ).

Am using friends and family mode with a NZ debit card

You can transfer funds into your PayPal account for free from your bank then use the balance without incurring a fee. Unless it's out of the country*.

Ukraine is free/no charge

PayPal charges a fee for currency conversion, (NZD to USD) but then on top of that I get charged a $9-$10 fee even for a small transaction. Using PayPal to buy chips to send to someone to collect in the US (who will later ship to NZ).

Am using friends and family mode with a NZ debit card
Not sure if this works for NZ as well, but for Canadians, if you make the purchase as Goods and Service you can avoid the $3 PayPal fees. You will need to communicate with the seller and send the additional amount that PayPal charges for Goods and Service, but for purchases under $30ish the GS fee is less than $3.

Might need to link your Bank account to transfer funds into your account without a fee as debit and credit cards usually have high fees on PP.

For international transactions, I love using Amazon gift cards. When you buy one in somebody else's currency, there are very few fees, if any. I think. It's been a few years since I've used this technique.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom